Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Bitch & Moan All You Want!

Actually AZ we're running the ball exactly the same as we did last year.

Last year 3.6 YPA
    This year 3.6 YPA

Last year 28 carries a game
    This year 30 carries a game

This offense has always sucked, no matter who the QB is.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

You won't get any bitching from me. We are 4-0 for the first time in Franchise History, and we have found a way to win win it matters.

GO RAVENS!

3. Re: Bitch & Moan All You Want!

I dont think anyone would say that they were pleased with our offense and wouldnt change a thing. We all expected alot more then the offense has shown so far. All the what-ifs dont matter since we are 4-0. Until we lose a game because of our offense all those stats and bad plays dont mean much. Remember 2000? not pretty but effective. We have a guy now that when he needs to really turns it up a notch.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

I wonder if Seahawk fans are talking up Seneca Wallace over Matt Hasselback after lastnights game?

McNair is 4-0 playing 90% rusty.

I hope no one expected McNair to throw 300yds and 3td's a game.
    He is doing what he is paid to do,get the team wins.Carry this team
    on his back.Have the whole team believe in the QB position.

McNair is 4-0 90% rusty.Watch that rust drop off.There was a pass to Heap
    I think near the end of the 3rd Q,that baby was a frozen rope.And my eyes almost popped out.We are seeing flashes of what McNair can bring,be
    patient and watch it grow.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

What we really need is to get to our bye week with atleast 1 win.

That will give up time to work on McNair mechanical issues. Which shouldnt be a problem with a vet QB, but it is so we have to deal with it.

The thing that sucks is Denver will play us off a bye, as will Carolina. After our bye we play NO, who is also coming off of their bye. Tags screwed us over with the scheduling this year as a last hurrah.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Some of y'all know how to kill a buzz, don't you? I mean, the Ravens have a lot of issues they need to work on (particularly on offense). We all know that as TRUE fans.

But some of y'all are pessimistic as hell.

Just take it one week at a time. Take the win, and get ready for next week.
    Waiting for the next one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFanIAm View Post
    Some of y'all know how to kill a buzz, don't you? I mean, the Ravens have a lot of issues they need to work on (particularly on offense). We all know that as TRUE fans.

Just take it one week at a time. Take the win, and get ready for next week.
    All I can say is that some people have nothing else better to do than bitch and moan.

They did it in 2000, so why would this year be any different?

Ted - At the risk of gaining more demerits on this board, I'm just glad there weren't message boards when the Colts were here but I'm sure you would have found something to whine about when they won.
    and

At the risk of sounding like a Nazi: please take comments like those to another board! :grbac: We don't come here for lectures from other posters about perceived attitudes. We come here to discuss Ravens football. That's plusses and minuses. A basic theme of this board: discuss the team, express your opinions, but don't attack others for expressing their opinions.

If anyone wants to gloss over wasting 3 time outs, 34 yards rushing by Jamal, punting with 4 minutes to go, 2 INTs, 57 minutes of little offense, etc: that's your prerogative. But how about backing off criticizing others who want to discuss them.

Last edited by Mista T; 10-02-2006 at 09:02 AM.

Nah, they don't need to worry about us at all. Until the 4th quarter.
    LOL, so long as the defense can keep us within 7. Any more, and we're sunk.

While I'm happy as hell they're 4-0, they do need to fix whatever is wrong with the running game. Is Jamal worn out, or is it the O-line not giving him holes to run through. He had a couple almost decent runs near the end, but yeah, 34 yards rushing need to be better. From what I see watching the games and from posts here, its more on the O-line for sure.

And getting the plays into McNair ontime so he doesn't have to burn timeouts would be nice too.
    I remember thinking the same thing yesterday as Stinger's comment above, as long as the defense keeps us within 7, we've got a shot at it.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Bitch all ya want about McNair. Did anybody think he would be MVP material after 11 years with the oilers/titans. He has adapted well to the team. He will get better and the 300 yard games will come. He has too many weapons and is starting to use all of them. Teams will have to drop back in coverage soon enough and when that happens maybe and I say maybe Jamal will break loose. If not we have Mike and Musa (sounds like afternoon drive time radio). Ozzie didn't pick up Anderson for window dressing. He is fresh and both can be effective. It ain't pretty and an ugly W is still a W. A great game to be a fan and if you were fortunate enough to be there you left happy and horse.

The one thing that's missing here is a mention of the opponent. A performance against the Chargers this week similar to the one against an inferior Browns team last week in the first half is arguably an improvement, based on the Chargers coming in as the #1 defense. Are there multiple problems - the lack of run production, inaccurate throws by McNair, bad pass protection AND run blocking, odd coaching decisions and poor play-calling? Sure. But the situation is not necessarily as static as it looks.