Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Bitch & Moan All You Want!

Granted there is lots of room to be happy with a perfect 4-0 record, there is lots of room for concern as well. Do you really think we would've won if we weren't at home today?

Our deficiencies are glaring and we need to correct them before they come back to kick us in the nards...

Though you forgot our inability to actually pick up short yardage third-downs.
    I was trying to leave out our 2.7 YPC and 4-11 on 3rd down conversions because I didn't want to too much of a killjoy.

But as long as we get the ugly wins where the defense basically has to stay on the field and play out of their minds, then the over 59 minutes of offense will get overlooked
    Do you have a problem with ugly wins? they are wins aren't they? I really don't think about how the Offense or Defense played in a win, in a loss sure, but not a win. I'll admit, I am happy with ugly wins, because they are wins.

Maybe you would rather see teams go on a performance system, then a points system.

Sure they have to get better on Offense, but how can you get pissed with a win? Would you rather they have lost the game, and your points would hold more ground?

Maybe we should let McNair lose a game first before throwing him under the bus, weither its pretty or not, he has been winning games.

I was trying to leave out our 2.7 YPC and 4-11 on 3rd down conversions because I didn't want to too much of a killjoy.
    Oh no, nobody could ever accuse you of that.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Or his two INTs?
    Or the fact that in yet another game he was wildly inaccurate to the point that we're no longer sure who exactly he's throwing to?

These are exactly the same problems that Boller had. Inconsistant. The only difference is that the defense isn't allowing more than 14 points a game.
    No, the difference is we're 4-0 and not 2-2, with 2 of those wins coming in a fashion previously unattainable under you know who. You can spin it any way you want but one of our QBs got benched, one of our QBs got a contract to come here and start and suddenly we're pulling out these 4th quarter comebacks and winning on the road. Hmmm, must be the addition of Dawan Landry, Trevor Pryce and Haloti Ngata!

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    At one point in the third quarter, our average YTG on third down was 10.5.

That means that instead of picking up a few yards on first and second down, we actually managed to LOSE yards on those plays. Not exactly what you're looking for out of an offense.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

This message is hidden because Heap86 is on your ignore list.
    I don't know why you keep trying to reply to me. Now back to people who don't reek of YBR attitude......

At one point in the third quarter, our average YTG on third down was 10.5.
    Lewis - 15 attempts for 34 yards.

And why exactly did we sign Mike Anderson again? I'm trying to remember. He took 1 snap and got 0 yards.

suddenly we're pulling out these 4th quarter comebacks
    Hmmmmm, I thought we wouldn't have to have any 4th quarter comebacks with said QB. I was under the impression teams had to be scared of us.

When your defense believes their quarterback can make the plays to win games, you'll be surprised how much better they'll play.

I'll say it again: the defense's biggest acquisition wasn't Landry, Ngata or Pryce. It was a guy who doesn't play defense at all. It's a guy who wills his way to victory the way that other guy couldn't. Perception is reality, and their perception is McNair is the answer, and in the past 2 games, they made that a reality.

But Stinger, Jamal has to be gaining more yards than that because teams aren't stacking the bo...

Oh wait a minute.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post

Hmmmmm, I thought we wouldn't have to have any 4th quarter comebacks with said QB. I was under the impression teams had to be scared of us.
    Nah, they don't need to worry about us at all. Until the 4th quarter.

I don't know why you keep trying to reply to me. Now back to people who don't reek of YBR attitude......
    Sweet Guy Huh

4-0 is great but I must say I am concerned about the apparent ineptitude we show for most of the game, I didn't expect that with McNair. Last second miracles have a tendancy to run out after awhile and we are just starting the hard part of our schedule. What is wrong with the running game, it's worse now than it's ever been are we just focusing to much on McNair's passing game?

McNair is learning a new offense. Apparently he didn't need to learn how to win football games.