Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Bitch & Moan All You Want!

Wow Art, that was out of left field. I agree that Hank Williams Jr. is a no-talent hack, but for the record, Johnny Cash is not a deadbeat, he's just dead. I have no comment about Tex Ritter, but from what I've read, he was a widely respected artist.

And "Three's Company" pretty much sucked, although I did enjoy the honeys (and I don't mean John Ritter).

BTW, John Ritter's son (and Tex Ritter's grandson) was very good on "Joan of Arcadia."

This thread has now officially sailed into OT territory, but it was fun while it lasted.

Fine Tex, have it your way it doesn't matter that our offense does virtually nothing all game as long as that 113 rating shows up in the last two minutes. I'm sure we will be undefeated this season. As I said previously it is impossible to engage in a reasonable discussion of quarterbacks on any Ravens forum and it's really not worth the bother arguing.

BTW, John Ritter's son (and Tex Ritter's grandson) was very good on "Joan of Arcadia."
    He's also now on that new CBS show "The Class". And actually he's not too bad in it.

We just didn't have this problem in the old days and we could talk about our team w/o fighting with Colts fans. We saved that for the opposing fans on Sundays. Yea, the town got upset when we lost and the entire town even ran Shula out but we didn't fight amongst ourselves. Not like this and not especially when we were undefeated like in the 60s and 70s.
    Thats what makes the invention of the internet so special, You can anonymously say whatever you want.

Its funny because just about all of the Ravens fans I have come across face to face have pretty much agreed that they are happy with McNair and are estatic that we are 4-0. The ones that want to bash McNair are the ones who do it behind a computer screen.

Go Figure

As I said previously it is impossible to engage in a reasonable discussion of quarterbacks on any Ravens forum and it's really not worth the bother arguing.
    The problem is that not everyone sees it your way, so expect people to disagree, so if you feel this way, maybe you should'nt bother arguing.

Now you want to be undefeated? I would say most fans would have been estatic if they knew before this season began the Ravens would reverse their 6-10 record from last year's horrid season and be 10-6. I would say now with McNair we have a darn good chance of at least doing that wouldn't you? I fail to see how anyone can not be delighted with the upgrade to McNair so far unless you have him on your Fantasy Team, and I would have to question anybody being that much of a doofus to do that.
    You are fighting a losing battle Tex,

Alot of these posters are avenging the criticism of Kyle Boller, by saying that we are still having the same Offensive problems with a better and more experianced QB, so it must not have been Kyle's fault that our Offense was so bad in the last few years. These are the same people who constantly took up for Kyle for years on the YBR board. With thier tinted glasses, they cannot see the difference between Boller and McNair.

They seem to think that none of the Offensive problems were Boller's fault at all, and if we had a great O-line and coach, Boller would have been a Superstar QB. Those posters refuse to give McNair any type of free pass from criticism even though he has only been a Raven for 4 months because he is an 11 year vet, and according to them, an 11 year veteran should be able to come to a new team(even though he has only played for one other team his entire career) and have no reason not to light up opposing teams Defenses immediatly.
    Last edited by Heap86; 10-04-2006 at 05:29 PM.

I agree and this is again, why message boards are bad.
    Huh?

If this board is so bad, I have a suggestion ......

We actually have Ravens fans hoping the Ravens lose so they can give McNair the bullet and this will turn into the opposition's board instead of a Ravens board.

That's pure bullshit, Trap. Let's see the specifics..... That's right: there are none!

Those posters refuse to give McNair any type of free pass from criticism even though he has only been a Raven for 4 months
    I will agree with that. After 4 months, a $33 million star shouldn't have to get free passes from anyone. Even the local media seems to be catching on.

The ones that want to bash McNair are the ones who do it behind a computer screen.
    There are many Ravens fans outside of bulletin boards who have taken note as to what happens the first 57 minutes of games. Check out tailgate parties, call-in shows etc. I just caught it today from an NFL junkie out in Montana, asking me why we have no offense until the final drive.

:nm:

:T2:

I will agree with that. After 4 months, a $33 million star shouldn't have to get free passes from anyone. Even the local media seems to be catching on.
    :grbac:

Name one Quarterback who has played in one place for over 10 years that has ever made an immediate transition to another team. It takes time to adjust to new surroundings!!! This isn't baseball people!!

You guys for some reason keep skipping over that fact every time I point it out, why is that? Maybe its because you know I am right.

McNair came to this team later than any other Free Agent QB this year besides Kerry Collins, who I may add, has looked completely clueless on the field.

Alot of people who know this sport have pointed this out, commentators, analysts, columnists, etc.

But when I point it out, I am labeled as being wrong.

I GIVE UP

My god these QB threads suck.

It's like both sides are talking to a brick wall.

What is funny is the 'Huggers' and 'Haters' have switched sides.

But overall...these threads blow.

It's by far the worst thing on these message boards...nobody gets anywhere and it gets personal way too often...to each it's own though because some actually seem to enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    My god these QB threads suck..
    Check.

It's like both sides are talking to a brick wall.
    Check.

What is funny is the 'Huggers' and 'Haters' have switched sides.
    I'm not sure I agree with that, but it is an interesting point.

But overall...these threads blow.
    Check. Really, what are we doing here? I am amazed that certain posters (not to mention any names) continue to rant and rave about Boller, when the guy is a second stringer who has not thrown a single pass all season. And yet he still seems to attract criticism -- for what? For how he sits on the bench? Get over the obsession.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    Check. Really, what are we doing here? I am amazed that certain posters (not to mention any names) continue to rant and rave about Boller, when the guy is a second stringer who has not thrown a single pass all season. And yet he still seems to attract criticism -- for what? For how he sits on the bench? Get over the obsession.
    Sorry, but Boller's name would've stayed out of most conversations this season but he has been brought up by those who feel he's gotten a raw deal.

My feelings on Boller are well documented and I've not once brought his name up this season except when a thread has been started with him as the topic.

And yes, these threads do lead to nowhere.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by 52RAYVENS View Post
    For all of you that are not happy no matter what the Ravens do, WE ARE 4 & 0!
    Stop your bitchen and enjoy it. No it wasn't pretty, but we won! End of story.:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

When I posted this thread, I was stating my opinion on the many negative members on this site. Everybody knows there is still problems with the team, but for now just enjoy the ride because you never know how long it will last. :grbac:

But how the hell did it turned into a QB debate? I'll never know!
    I BLEED RAVEN PURPLE!!!

Part of the problem IMO is that any remotely critical comment about McNair's performance so far is automatically construed as that poster being a Boller "hugger" or "apologist". In my mind, the two are unrelated. Boller sucked, that's an established fact and frankly I doubt it will ever change no matter where he ends up. McNair is an upgrade, that's indisputable, however that doesn't mean just because we're 4-0 he's perfect. That does not mean I'm pineing for Boller's reimergence from the bench, I simply don't feel that so far McNair has been that great outside of two minute drill heroics. I would simply like to see him show a more consistant or steady performance throughout the game because I think it gives us the best chance to win.