Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Re: Bitch & Moan All You Want!

The Washington Post actually had an interesting story about McNair and how much more clutch he is than Boller or any other Ravens QB was.

In particular, note the following:

"Last season, the Ravens were 1-10 when trailing after three quarters, and four of those losses were decided by a touchdown or less."

Steve McNair vs. Kyle Boller in the final 2:00
    Boller career rating: 54.8
    McNair career rating: 76.6
    McNair rating in 2006: 124.8

Out of his 34 starts as a Raven, Kyle led a 4th Quarter comeback three times, once in the last 2 minutes. Obviously, Steve has done so in the last 2 weeks.

I would never say Boller never led us on a comeback - obviously he did three times - but nor should anyone equate our chances in the situations in which we found ourselves the last two weeks under McNair with how we would have done in those situations with Boller.

On another note, it was nice to see a pretty extensive Ravens story in the Post. You should check it out - the graphics are also pretty interesting. They have one that lists each Ravens QB and the comebacks he's led, and a list of the best 4th Quarter comebacks the Ravens have had along with a description of each one.

Interesting article rnh, but I think you could probably provide similar statistics for any of the other quarterbacks the Ravens have had, with the exception of Grbac (pre-Ravens). The guy is done as a starter in Baltimore, he is nearly done in any capacity in Baltimore and probably the NFL as a whole so I must say I can't see why it's necessary to keep beating the guy up. He wasn't the problem child that Leaf was or McNown or Marinovich orsome of the other junkyard quarterbacks who have been drafted into the NFL. Cripes, leave the kid alone and let him fade quietly into the sunset.

It's okay to criticize McNair as long as you acknowledge the fact McNair is a far superior player to Boller.
    It's okay to criticize McNair as long as you acknowledge the fact McNair was a far superior player to Boller.;) But no more, based on 5 games, which should be more than ample to pick up the Ravens playbook.

McNair used to be a to 10 NFL QB. He is now looking to be in a downward spiral, headed towards the "washed up" category. Monday night's QB performance was among the worst I've seen from a Ravens QB. A notch or two above Stoney Case vs. KC and Redman vs. St. Louis, but nothing I expected to see from a 33 year old vet former co-MVP.

The Titans knew what they were doing when they let him go. They (and McNair's agent) saw Oz as a sucker waiting to be hosed.

:nm:

btw: Let's all hope that I have been wrong, and that McNair turns things around, quickly.

:T2:

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    A notch or two above Stoney Case
    Ouch!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Boller in Denver, 2005:
    Att Comp Pct Yds TD Int Rate Sac Yds Att Yds Avg Lg TD
    39 23 59.0 251 1 2 65.2 2 0 2 3 1.5 2 0

McNair, 2006:
    Att Comp Pct Yds TD Int Rate Sac Yds Att Yds Avg Lg TD
    34 20 58.8 165 0 3 34.6 2 11 2 15 7.5 9 0

Uh, Dude, according to the stats Boller out-played McNair in Denver. Higher completion percentage, higher rating, each with one lost fumble not in those stats. At some point somebody is going to need the throw in the towel for some of the posters here, they are just taking a beating. And in some cases by their own hand.

Hey, McNair did outrush Boller in Denver, maybe we should use him as a RB! </sarcasm>

At some point somebody is going to need the throw in the towel for some of the posters here, they are just taking a beating. And in some cases by their own hand.
    Now Greg.

You are correct, and I specifically did not target a specific poster when putting that up but man.

You know, if you google shit up before posting it keeps you from saying stupid stuff. I know, I have posted some dumb stuff and learned to check my facts before throwing up nonsense.

I was just teasing you Greg. :) Believe me, I am exerting so much will power right now it's not even funny. All for you my friend!! Hehhee

If you actually watched the game he looked like a bewildered high school kid trying to compete against full grown men that were NFL caliber football players.
    I watched the game and he had 3-4 complete bonehead plays. AND HE STILL HAD BETTER STATS AND STILL GAVE US A BETTER CHANCE TO WIN.

I have exercised a lot of restraint in not using your name or use "you" in my posts to insure I was attacking your take and not you. I expect the same from you. Don't insuate other people aren't watching the games or are stupid because they don't come to the same conclusion as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    He played that game like a bumbling idiot half drunk.
    Speaking of which . . . oh, never mind, I'll be on my good behavior too.

It's very very hard.

I watched the game and he had 3-4 complete bonehead plays. AND HE STILL HAD BETTER STATS AND STILL GAVE US A BETTER CHANCE TO WIN.
    People forget he threw a late touchdown to Clayton to bring that game within 2 points. But why cloud the issue further? McNair played oh so much better than Boller in Denv............oh wait. :P

:Tell you what, Boller gets most of his "stats" in meaningless drives that end up with a turnover or zero points.
    17 for 31, 226 yards, three TDs (two in the fourth quarter).

:He, like Anthony Wright (who actually was even better at it) are great at moving the ball between the 40 yard lines but after that they suck wind.
    17 for 31, 226 yards, three TDs (two in the fourth quarter).

LOL at "between the 40 yard lines" -- I've heard about moving it between the 20s, but between the 40s?