Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Bitch & Moan All You Want!

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Or his two INTs?
    Or the fact that in yet another game he was wildly inaccurate to the point that we're no longer sure who exactly he's throwing to?

These are exactly the same problems that Boller had. Inconsistant. The only difference is that the defense isn't allowing more than 14 points a game.
    No, the difference is we're 4-0 and not 2-2, with 2 of those wins coming in a fashion previously unattainable under you know who. You can spin it any way you want but one of our QBs got benched, one of our QBs got a contract to come here and start and suddenly we're pulling out these 4th quarter comebacks and winning on the road. Hmmm, must be the addition of Dawan Landry, Trevor Pryce and Haloti Ngata!

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I was trying to leave out our 2.7 YPC and 4-11 on 3rd down conversions because I didn't want to too much of a killjoy.
    At one point in the third quarter, our average YTG on third down was 10.5.

That means that instead of picking up a few yards on first and second down, we actually managed to LOSE yards on those plays. Not exactly what you're looking for out of an offense.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock

This message is hidden because Heap86 is on your ignore list.
    I don't know why you keep trying to reply to me. Now back to people who don't reek of YBR attitude......

At one point in the third quarter, our average YTG on third down was 10.5.
    Lewis - 15 attempts for 34 yards.

And why exactly did we sign Mike Anderson again? I'm trying to remember. He took 1 snap and got 0 yards.

suddenly we're pulling out these 4th quarter comebacks
    Hmmmmm, I thought we wouldn't have to have any 4th quarter comebacks with said QB. I was under the impression teams had to be scared of us.

Blog Entries

When your defense believes their quarterback can make the plays to win games, you'll be surprised how much better they'll play.

I'll say it again: the defense's biggest acquisition wasn't Landry, Ngata or Pryce. It was a guy who doesn't play defense at all. It's a guy who wills his way to victory the way that other guy couldn't. Perception is reality, and their perception is McNair is the answer, and in the past 2 games, they made that a reality.

But Stinger, Jamal has to be gaining more yards than that because teams aren't stacking the bo...

Oh wait a minute.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post

Hmmmmm, I thought we wouldn't have to have any 4th quarter comebacks with said QB. I was under the impression teams had to be scared of us.
    Nah, they don't need to worry about us at all. Until the 4th quarter.

I don't know why you keep trying to reply to me. Now back to people who don't reek of YBR attitude......
    Sweet Guy Huh

4-0 is great but I must say I am concerned about the apparent ineptitude we show for most of the game, I didn't expect that with McNair. Last second miracles have a tendancy to run out after awhile and we are just starting the hard part of our schedule. What is wrong with the running game, it's worse now than it's ever been are we just focusing to much on McNair's passing game?

Blog Entries

McNair is learning a new offense. Apparently he didn't need to learn how to win football games.

Actually AZ we're running the ball exactly the same as we did last year.

Last year 3.6 YPA
    This year 3.6 YPA

Last year 28 carries a game
    This year 30 carries a game

This offense has always sucked, no matter who the QB is.
    ProFootballMock

You won't get any bitching from me. We are 4-0 for the first time in Franchise History, and we have found a way to win win it matters.

GO RAVENS!

12. Re: Bitch & Moan All You Want!

I dont think anyone would say that they were pleased with our offense and wouldnt change a thing. We all expected alot more then the offense has shown so far. All the what-ifs dont matter since we are 4-0. Until we lose a game because of our offense all those stats and bad plays dont mean much. Remember 2000? not pretty but effective. We have a guy now that when he needs to really turns it up a notch.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

I wonder if Seahawk fans are talking up Seneca Wallace over Matt Hasselback after lastnights game?

McNair is 4-0 playing 90% rusty.

I hope no one expected McNair to throw 300yds and 3td's a game.
    He is doing what he is paid to do,get the team wins.Carry this team
    on his back.Have the whole team believe in the QB position.

McNair is 4-0 90% rusty.Watch that rust drop off.There was a pass to Heap
    I think near the end of the 3rd Q,that baby was a frozen rope.And my eyes almost popped out.We are seeing flashes of what McNair can bring,be
    patient and watch it grow.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

What we really need is to get to our bye week with atleast 1 win.

That will give up time to work on McNair mechanical issues. Which shouldnt be a problem with a vet QB, but it is so we have to deal with it.

The thing that sucks is Denver will play us off a bye, as will Carolina. After our bye we play NO, who is also coming off of their bye. Tags screwed us over with the scheduling this year as a last hurrah.
    "This year, our attitude when were on the field is were attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Some of y'all know how to kill a buzz, don't you? I mean, the Ravens have a lot of issues they need to work on (particularly on offense). We all know that as TRUE fans.

But some of y'all are pessimistic as hell.

Just take it one week at a time. Take the win, and get ready for next week.
    Waiting for the next one!!!