Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: MUST WATCH video of Rocky Mountain Rainbow... Greatest throw in NFL history?

For anybody who likes to bathe themselves in emotion, good and bad, the video of the kids crying can be rewarding. You can listen to that all-out hysteria, sobbing past the point of no return, and imagine that they're sobbing because of something truly devastating happened, like their parents died. If this sounds flippant then don't be alarmed, we're just on different wavelengths. It would take a while to explain how such a thought could be "rewarding." But if you know what I mean, then you know what I mean. If you don't, don't judge, because it's not what you think it is.

Blog Entries

Re: MUST WATCH video of Rocky Mountain Rainbow... Greatest throw in NFL history?

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    For anybody who likes to bathe themselves in emotion, good and bad, the video of the kids crying can be rewarding. You can listen to that all-out hysteria, sobbing past the point of no return, and imagine that they're sobbing because of something truly devastating happened, like their parents died. If this sounds flippant then don't be alarmed, we're just on different wavelengths. It would take a while to explain how such a thought could be "rewarding." But if you know what I mean, then you know what I mean. If you don't, don't judge, because it's not what you think it is.
    It had to be rewarding to whoever felt it was more important to film it than console them. Ya mean?

Quote Originally Posted by perryw9202 View Post
    Funny.. I think I said the same thing as the woman in the video when Jacoby made the catch "Are you f*ing kidding me?". I was a bit more elated however.. lol
    That's why the pass should be called the F BOMB.
    Flacco threw it.
    It definitely was a bomb.
    And almost everybody yelled "f*ck" when it was caught. ;)
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    As for the greatest game in NFL playoff history, this certainly merits strong consideration along with the Dolphins-Chargers 1982 game.
    I think that Dolphins-Chargers game may be the single greatest playoff game I've ever watched. IIRC (presently too lazy to look up the finer details), the Dolphins were WAY behind but came back to tie, then the Chargers eventually won an exhausting marathon in double OT. Great game by Kellen Winslow (Sr.)

Honorable mention to the Packers-Cardinals playoff game in January 2010. High scoring affair that went right down to the wire.

But this year's Rocky Mtn Rainbow game ranks right up there --and has the added advantage that MY team is the one that came out on top!

I was there in the stadium and I can tell you that it was pretty damn quiet after that catch. After the Ravens won the game, it was absolutely the quietest walk out of a stadium I have ever experienced. Much like I would imagine a zombie apocalypse would be.

Quote Originally Posted by SykesvilleRavensFan View Post
    I was there in the stadium and I can tell you that it was pretty damn quiet after that catch. After the Ravens won the game, it was absolutely the quietest walk out of a stadium I have ever experienced. Much like I would imagine a zombie apocalypse would be.
    Dude you should have filmed that walk...that would've been a master card moment!

My son is only three, but I hope I raise him in a fashion that would reserve that kind of emotional outpour for the death of a loved one, or possibly breaking your femur. This is a game. I think it's disturbing to see kids act that way over a game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    My son is only three, but I hope I raise him in a fashion that would reserve that kind of emotional outpour for the death of a loved one, or possibly breaking your femur. This is a game. I think it's disturbing to see kids act that way over a game.
    Maybe they're just Italian.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    Dude... it's kids. Kid. Kids get upset at things.

I can't imagine how disturbed you must be by adults that get emotionally invested in their teams.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    Dude... it's kids. Kid. Kids get upset at things.

I can't imagine how disturbed you must be by adults that get emotionally invested in their teams.
    They were screaming like they were just told their mother died. You are right, I also get disturbed at how emotionally and financially invested adults get in sports teams. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some kid's college funds dropped in New Orleans last week. I love the Ravens, but life is about priorities and understanding what's really important.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    Omg. You must watch this video too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG5EYQMD1cQ
    Been there and done that as a Baltimore Colts fan in my own childhood. While I feel for them, it is nice to be on the cheering side this time.

Haha!! Great video!!

God, what a magical season!! I still can't get over it! We should have known after converting 4th and 29 in San Diego that this was a team of destiny. And then to beat the Colts, Peyton Manning, and Tom Lady enroute to the Super Bowl! The only thing missing was beating the Squealers in the playoffs. But hey, it's almost as satisfying knowing they never made it there in the first place!

How I managed to make it through the games this season without having a heart attack is beyond me!