Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: Whatever happened to Ngata Nother Suggs?

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    BTW, what finally happened to that guy with the initials TJFS? Who occasionally had interesting things to say in an inimitably arrogant manner but routinely went postal on anyone who dared question his omniscience. IIRC it was the arrogance that led him to bet Suggs wouldn't be back on the field as early as he was, & as a consequence he had to leave the board, but I don't recall if that was for the duration of the season or permanently. Anyone?

BTW & FTR, IMHO if NNS returns he should change his screen name to MasQueNgata--'cuz that's what Joe's gonna end up with (plus it's a really bad pun in both Spanish & Portuguese...)
    That's a good question regarding TJFS. I remember his apology that really wasn't an apology ended up being moved from this part of the forum to another part LOL.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

GOTA--
    Yes, I was a "bad boy" banger back in the day! ;) IIRC, oldie was really acting the part of a dickhead, and instead of using a term that I thought the mods might find offensive, I used a very common term that is found in regular old dictionaries. I also did not want to violate the TOS they had, so in lieu of calling him an offensive name (which seems to be a lower common denominator most Wars of Words), I told him to stop acting like, well...an onager.

When I got banned, I tried to start a dialogue with the mod(s) who banned me, and was very frustrated by their evasiveness in admitting to exactly why I got the heave-ho. I know they did it because of the use of the word "ass", but as that great entrepreneur, Joel, was advised in Risky Business - 'Sometimes you have to say, "What the fuck!" Make your move!'

So I did! :D

What about Air-Biscuit?

Well, now you know why we do some of the things we do here in terms of trying to keep the forum modded well. Not everyone is going to agree with a moved or merged thread, or something we remove, etc: That's part of the gig. But we promise you that it's all done for the good of the forum and to keep this place from even remotely becoming what Sunspot has become.

I can tell you that I personally am DAMN glad that some of you from Sunspot that I considered great posters came over here. It was refreshing to see some of you (Beau, Alienrace, DColeman, sandiegosean, GOTA, and others I know I am not mentioning) coming here and bringing your knowledge and good postings with you.
    Last edited by StingerNLG; 02-14-2013 at 08:07 PM.

Who was the Raider fan, who despite all evidence to the contrary, used to act as if every move the Raiders made was golden (like trading a 1st round pick for Richard Seymour, then franchising him, then signing him to ridiculous contract - which, as it turns out, will leave them with close to $14M in dead money against the Cap in 2013) and who constantly panned just about every move the Ravens made (also despite all evidence to the contrary)?
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Ravor--
    My memory fails me on the Raider fan/poster you mention, but just for shits and grins, I browsed around in some old files I've kept of stuff that went on over at Sunspot.

For your and others "entertainment" ;) --(bolding below is mine)
    ==================
    05-07-2005, 09:12 AM
    old19fan

"Cicero,[IIRC, a relatively decent Bengals fan/poster] if I was a betting man, I would say you take the division. To some it may be a"trendy" pick, but to me it's just the right pick. The Bengals, I am afraid are about to shock the NFL. I can envision Palmer swinging around the Lombardi Trophy right now. I would trade anybody on the Ravens except Ray right now for Palmer even up. With Marvin as your coach, all he has to do is build a decent (not even great) defense and you guys are about to replace NE as the dynasty team of the NFL for the next several years. We all know Marvin will build you a defense, and your offense is IMO the scariest in the NFL right now, with the exception of maybe Indy."

[Note: Cincy went 1 and done in the wild card game v. Pitt in the 2005-2006 season, followed by dynasty seasons of 8-8, 7-9, and 4-11. Trying to talk any kind of reason with that douchebag was wasted time.]
    ==================

Some "notable" Sunspot posters
    Jessup-Hal -- Browns fan. obnoxious, legend-in-his-own-mind zipperhead.

doktor_luv -- Hall of Fame asshole.

FormerRavensFan -- kind of a dick. Seemed to know football, and offered some good insights at times, but his/her/its entire tone was always "you're stupid, I'm not", which got old real quick.

Jersey B'moron -- a character supreme! Used to piss almost everyone off with his posts, but his schtick was obvious, and we got along okay.

Bert Campaneris -- I think this guy was more of a baseball forum poster, but he'd occasionally drop by the football board and act the role of an ass.

Air Biscuit -- about as stupid as they come.

There were a lot more, but if you were going to name an all-star asshole team, IMHO you must give these guys prime consideration.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Who was the Raider fan, who despite all evidence to the contrary, used to act as if every move the Raiders made was golden (like trading a 1st round pick for Richard Seymour, then franchising him, then signing him to ridiculous contract - which, as it turns out, will leave them with close to $14M in dead money against the Cap in 2013) and who constantly panned just about every move the Ravens made (also despite all evidence to the contrary)?
    Raidersofthelostark.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I am pretty sure R52 on sunspot was Mike Preston

Beau, I don't know if it's impressive or scary that you kept your conversations with old19fan. :)

Blog Entries

The young sensation that came too late: Toon Face.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Stinger-
    Welp, I can understand that! ;)

Actually, I kept some stuff like that for "down the road" conversations/threads, when clowns like oldie would deny ever saying that Cincy was a team of destiny, or that Boller (as bad as he was) would be pumping gas in a couple seasons, while other of his "fave QBs" like Palmer would be Super Bowl winning Hall of Famers. Not that Boller was setting the NFL on fire, but I'd say he bumped around the league for a lot more seasons than most would have predicted.

old19fan tended to ignore any facts or quotes that other posters would offer to refute his ramblings, so I decided to save some of his more questionable "prognoses" along with other really stupid stuff from certain posters. It's really amusing sometimes to go back and see some of the stuff that Sunspot offered over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The young sensation that came too late: Toon Face.
    Oh, yeah, the dude that knew nothing about everything but changed his cartoon avatar every day. He was occasionally entertaining.