Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    IMO, bobby jr. was as stupid in "real" life as he was on Sunspot. A true cranial-rectal inversion!
    Oh man he was just outright dumb as a rock. There is no way to say that nicely. Bobby Jr was definitely a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Re: Whatever happened to Ngata Nother Suggs?

Bueheheheee.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I was working in San Antonio a couple summers ago and stopped to fill up my rental car with gas before heading to the airport. Across from the gas station was this HEB store, and I see this DJ booth set up and some goof ball talking about all these "swell" prizes people could win by stopping by the booth. I got a little closer and sure enough it was Travis Moon out doing a remote for the afternoon drive time. I stood there laughing my ass off at his schtick and never did go up and introduce myself.

And no one has mentioned one of the funnier moments at Sunspot when someone showed up with an avatar of Mike Preston holding a big Krispy Kreme donut. That was hilarious. And Preston and Brucie even cracked a couple donut jokes shortly after that on one of Brucie's old afternoon shows.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    A huge part of me misses the Old sunspot forum. There were times where i would just bust out laughing randomly because of all the funny postings that went on in that forum. There were so many characters, lol it was addictive. Its nice to post with civility on here, but man the old sunspot was just something else.
    On your BIG FAT FLAT ENDTABLE HEAD!!!

BAWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAAA!!!!

HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW!?!?!?!

BBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPP!!!

I FEEL BETTER NOW!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    A huge part of me misses the Old sunspot forum. There were times where i would just bust out laughing randomly because of all the funny postings that went on in that forum. There were so many characters, lol it was addictive. Its nice to post with civility on here, but man the old sunspot was just something else.
    Oh god. Yes. Yes!

But then I got banned for making fun of Susan Boyle.

Blog Entries

Good googa-mooga, this thread came back after a detour past Pluto...or maybe up Uranus...

So does anyone have any idea what happened to NNS?

Blog Entries

Well, if he ever does come back, he'll have to change his name again.

First, it was Sign Suggs Now. Once Suggs got signed, he stuck with it for a minute. Then, I think it was when Ngata got his deal that he came up with Ngata Nother Suggs, but I'm not sure.

After Flacco's deal, he'll definitely have to change up.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Where is bleedpurple92? He hasn't posted since march.

And where have you gone Joe DiMaggio? While a nation turns its lonely eyes to you.

We have fair share of "seasonal" posters. Meaning, they check out in February and don't come back till about August or so.

I imagine we will see the return of a lot of members soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I doubt that any of you who recently quit the Sunpapers message board were around in 1998/99, when "Redskins Andy" would put on a pompous display of arrogance at Sunspot, as it was called then. We just basically ignored his trolling. After JT Farts and the other Brownie trolls invaded to shift most of the discussions to Ravens-Browns, Redskins Andy just gave up. Betcha he's eating crow now!
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    They all ate crow after 2000. All of them were so sure that their teams were so much better and we proved that they weren't. It was freakin' awesome!
    1996-1999. Those were the days!!! The team was new, the internet was new...it was like the wild west on the message boards.

And the Redskins and Steeler fans were huge trolls back then.

But in terms of sheer arrogance, it was hard not to top that which was displayed by the Cleveland fans. You see, the entire problem with their franchise was Modell, and with him now gone and the "great" team of Carmen Policy and Dwight Clark in place, they would quickly start collecting the SB trophies (like the 49ers of the 80s) while the Ravens, with Modell, would continue to suck. There really wasn't the vitriol that they now have today after a decade plus of the "Factory of Sadness". They were joyful that they had their team and their colors and EVERYTHING that was wrong previously was due to Modell.

16-31-1. That was the Ravens record in those first 3 years (years in Cleveland without the Browns) and the Browns fans used to tell us how they would surpass the Ravens in victories by year 3 of their return. (By the way, since 1999, 134 wins for the Ravens, 73 for the Browns...and let's not compare playoff records...because we can't).

That is what made the Super Bowl year of 2000 so so satisfying...it was just a huge FU to everyone (including many in the national media) that had bashed the Ravens and Baltimore for the first 4 years of their existence.

Good memories...

11. Re: Whatever happened to Ngata Nother Suggs?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    1996-1999. Those were the days!!! The team was new, the internet was new...it was like the wild west on the message boards.
    Sunspot turned into a real Dodge City just before the mass exodus too. I think at least some of the old trolls actually made an attempt at a certain level of civility. You could get a good laugh out of those guys here and there. There was none of that right before everybody split. Now I guess you could call it Deadwood. ;)

That is what made the Super Bowl year of 2000 so so satisfying...it was just a huge FU to everyone (including many in the national media) that had bashed the Ravens and Baltimore for the first 4 years of their existence. Good memories.
    12 years, two SB's and 9 playoff appearances later it's gotten a little better, but not a whole lot lol. My son just returned from his first 6 week over-the-road trucking run. He said nobody siad a word when he was wearing his Orioles shirt, but caught hell with his Ravens stuff on. People told him to take it off. He just laughed and said "I guess winning the biggest game in FB isn't good enough for ya".
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Youse guys DO know that I actually created the Internet in late 1995, don't you???