Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Re: Whatever happened to Ngata Nother Suggs?

Stinger --
    FWIW, I'll have you know I was watching the NFL on my old AM transistor radio well before old19fan ever saw his first game...

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    Stinger --
    FWIW, I'll have you know I was watching the NFL on my old AM transistor radio well before old19fan ever saw his first game...
    You watched a game on your radio?

Man, that picture must have been crappy.

;)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I doubt that any of you who recently quit the Sunpapers message board were around in 1998/99, when "Redskins Andy" would put on a pompous display of arrogance at Sunspot, as it was called then. We just basically ignored his trolling. After JT Farts and the other Brownie trolls invaded to shift most of the discussions to Ravens-Browns, Redskins Andy just gave up. Betcha he's eating crow now!
    They all ate crow after 2000. All of them were so sure that their teams were so much better and we proved that they weren't. It was freakin' awesome!

Old19fan was awful. I truly hated that guy, even if he was "right" about Boller.

Art Vandelay/Room222/Locker Combo was some kind of masochist. It really started with the Terps with him, and his hatred for Gary Williams(and love for Rick Pitino). After the Terps won the NC, we all let him have it pretty good. He was typical of all trolls though, never responding to anything when he was made to eat crow(which was quite often).

Sunspot later just became a cesspool of Steeler trolls, weirdos, and Ravens haters in general.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

HR--
    Used to respond to old19fan with similar comments about my watching the NFL on "alternative" media! He (she?, it?) never really got past the 100' concept. You (on here) and about anybody else that was on SunSpot at the time got it, and carried the "ball" in threads. Maybe oldie figured he didn't want to be the one black sheep in the herd! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Wasn't "WestSideOzzie" Brad Jackson? Looking back, it was a lose, lose situation with our QB's, but he went in hard at Kyle Boller in every post...and was pimping Anthony Wright.
    I don't know. We all used to say that, but then when you see him on RaveTV or listen to him on the radio he doesn't seem to be that kind of guy.

Stinger --
    :D

I'm just happy all the good posters from sunspot moved over here. The mods there were terrible, forum became unreadable.

There used to be a poster here that had a Tony Siragusa avatar, I think he had hokies in his name ? Haven't seen him in a while, was a good poster.

Sunspot

those were the days !!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Old19fan was awful. I truly hated that guy, even if he was "right" about Boller.
    IIRC he also banged the drum for one Jack Cust when he was in the Orioles organization. Caught a lot of ridicule for that too--we called him oldcustfan for awhile.

(FTR Cust pinballed around pro ball, eventually playing 4 seasons for the A's, where he homered once every 17.9 at-bats but struck out every 2.58 ABs, & was named in the Mitchell Report as a suspect in the use of PEDs. But to truly understand the ridicule, have a look at this game recap.)

Sunspot later just became a cesspool of Steeler trolls, weirdos, and Ravens haters in general.
    A classic example of where shameless clickwhoring leads. They let the trolls run wild & slapped down anyone who posted stuff that might hurt their fee-fees. I (& no doubt many others) were convinced this was by design--clicks is clicks, & the trolls had no interest in hanging around unless they were free to fling poo. (Hell, I was halfway convinced that some of the worst trolls were either recruited by the paper or sockpuppets of the odd Mods themselves in order to agitate the septic tank & generate more clicks.) Meantime many of us were like the classic flies living in the vinegar jar, posting there by inertia & unaware there might be a better place to hang--until the Blight-for-All did us the favor of crawling behind a paywall & forcing the issue.

<soapbox>
    IMHO what keeps RSR from falling into the clicks-is-clicks morass is that Tony gives a damn about the teams & the city & the service the site provides. Founder-owners like that don't endanger the integrity of their product by chasing short-term profits. The Sun might have had the same sense of mission & responsibility while it was locally owned, but once sold off to out-of-town interests with no connection to the area, it became no more than another entry on a quarterly balance sheet.
    </soapbox>

Blog Entries

Sunspot = Shithole.

As for posters who moved, went back, or left, I will admit, as an opinionated poster it took a bit to transition to a friendlier forum. But once you realize, you need not be a gladiator, I found this place far more enjoyable. I miss a few of the old Suspot guys who couldn't seem to make it here, but life goes on and I have met others here and have a place where I can post and read posts without needing to filter through a ton of insults.

Blog Entries

HR--
    Used to respond to old19fan with similar comments about my watching the NFL on "alternative" media! He (she?, it?) never really got past the 100' concept. You (on here) and about anybody else that was on SunSpot at the time got it, and carried the "ball" in threads. Maybe oldie figured he didn't want to be the one black sheep in the herd! ;)
    Didn't you get banned for a month for a fight with old19fan? I remember someone posting that Beau Petard was banned and I couldn't believe it. Anyone who could push your buttons to that point is one hell of a troll.

I remember how he used to come back with new identities after getting banned. My favorite was a gunslinger avatar with some sort of wild west name. Eventually he would be outed, admit it and get banned again.

Blog Entries

BTW, what finally happened to that guy with the initials TJFS? Who occasionally had interesting things to say in an inimitably arrogant manner but routinely went postal on anyone who dared question his omniscience. IIRC it was the arrogance that led him to bet Suggs wouldn't be back on the field as early as he was, & as a consequence he had to leave the board, but I don't recall if that was for the duration of the season or permanently. Anyone?

BTW & FTR, IMHO if NNS returns he should change his screen name to MasQueNgata--'cuz that's what Joe's gonna end up with (plus it's a really bad pun in both Spanish & Portuguese...)