Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: Super Bowl Blackout Explained at Last

i think the nfl felt obligated to their ad partners, so they gave millions of people a reason to not turn the channel while they ran a bunch of ads during the 30 min delay of SUSPENSE & CONTROVERSY.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Everything_Ravens View Post
    i think the nfl felt obligated to their ad partners, so they gave millions of people a reason to not turn the channel while they ran a bunch of ads during the 30 min delay of SUSPENSE & CONTROVERSY.
    That would open them up to lawsuits from investors who paid money to advertise at the stadium and sell their product at the stadium, because they wouldn't have been able to sell during that blackout.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I do have a question. For an event of this magnitude, how much would Vegas have to pay out if a three point underdog won by thirty plus?

Gambling experts?.............
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I do have a question. For an event of this magnitude, how much would Vegas have to pay out if a three point underdog won by thirty plus?

Gambling experts?.............
    Exclusive of the Prop bets - the same they would have to pay out when the dog wins by 3.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    That would open them up to lawsuits from investors who paid money to advertise at the stadium and sell their product at the stadium, because they wouldn't have been able to sell during that blackout.
    oh i dont doubt that, im quite sure the lawsuits from investors would be the least of their concerns if they were caught doing something like this. But thats the point, you do your best not to get caught. If the decision to rob banks was always based on the consequences who would ever do it? not to mention the ads at the game continued when the power was restored.

who knows, its all speculation but if it was done on purpose, i just think you have to ask yourself who that situation would have directly benefited without a doubt and without anything else needing to happen to benefit from it. i dont think you can draw a strong conclusion around any theory that is based on the actual game/points because now your saying it was a sure bet that the interruption would effect one team more than the other. i know a few causal fans that cut that game off early because of the score. if nothing else the controversy gave people like that another reason to watch, while the commercials kept rolling.