Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Super Bowl Blackout Explained at Last

(NEWSER) – Power company officials revealed today the cause of the infamous Super Bowl blackout, and took full responsibility for it. A faulty relay device designed to prevent a failure in the Superdome's electric cables was apparently to blame, the AP reports. Entergy New Orleans officials said they were replacing the device, but added that it had worked fine in previous large-scale events, like January's Sugar Bowl.

The Superdome has a direct line to Entergy, but it splits into two cables in a building called "the vault" near the stadium. Apparently the switching mechanism is what broke. Entergy's explanation comes on the same day it's scheduled to appear before regulators to explain itself.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Re: Super Bowl Blackout Explained at Last

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Blog Entries

Not sure if this was satire, but if it was real news, can you link that. If they really call it the Vault, that'd be awesome. The Ravens literally switched the power off.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

They did, lol. That's why I put it in purple. http://www.newser.com/story/162497/s...campaign=story
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Also, reviewing my timeline from a week ago, I'm again reminded of the impact that Facebook/Twitter has on our society. At various times last week, we heard that smoke had caused fire alarms to go off and messed with the power, we heard that Beyonce's halftime show overloaded the stadium's circuits, we'd hear Entergy come out and VEHEMENTLY deny they were at fault.

And after investigation, they were.

Instant news does not equal accurate news.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

SNL Spoof on the blackout. Eh, it's okay.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/455129

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    They did, lol. That's why I put it in purple. http://www.newser.com/story/162497/s...campaign=story
    Pardon me if i am somewhat skeptical about "news" reported on a webite whose mantra is "Read Less, Know More" ;)

Somebody got pissed and flipped the switch. Everything else is a coverup.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

A couple of our Roost members work for BG&E. When the lights went out at the Super Dome they said there was no reason that should happen with today's technology. They said that M&T has a redundant back-up system that goes on as soon as the primary goes out. You would hardly notice it, it's just a blip. It's completely automatic but they have a technician on site every game just for appearances. Both of these guys have pulled the duty. You just sit there and watch the game and drink sodas.

There is no way that a venue like the Superdome doesn't have an automatic back-up system.

It's all BS. Somebody got pissed and flipped the switch. ;)
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Beyonce's hate for men was so strong it overloaded the circuits in the building.

Nothing to really debate here.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

ab-
    THAT'S funny! ;)