Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Would we cut Suggs to keep Kruger?

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    He's a better then league average starter, and IMO will be paid as such(5yr $40m or so???). IF they are expecting a better player then that, they will be disappointed, but if they are honest with themselves, they will get what they want.

I think he was unfairly hated around here early on as CB is the EASIEST position to think your own guys are worse then they are, particularly in today's NFL. CB's are on the field to get beat, and even the best get beat a few times a game.
    Darrell Revis would have been picked alive with our lack of pass rush that we had at the start of the year. You can only cover for so long in this league before the offensive player can separate no matter how talented you are. Cary Williams isn't the greatest corner in he world, nor would I say he's elite or anything, but he's a very solid player in the Cromartie tier of corners. He will get paid, lets just be glad we have very good depth at corner.

You guys are also forgetting the draft. A couple mock drafts have us taking a DE, and there is a good possibility we could draft a pass rusher to go along with Suggs. Kruger took time to develop, so don't write off Upshaw's ability to gain some pass rush abilities with time either.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    You guys are also forgetting the draft. A couple mock drafts have us taking a DE, and there is a good possibility we could draft a pass rusher to go along with Suggs. Kruger took time to develop, so don't write off Upshaw's ability to gain some pass rush abilities with time either.
    Possible...

I'm honestly OK with Macadoo and Hamilton being our auxilary passrush guys to spell Upshaw. If the right gu is there, sure, but I certainly wouldn't reach for the position. Az OZ said, we have bigger needs up the middle, NT, ILB, FS... and of course, LT, TE and FB. And he wants another backup RB... which is kind of strange to me.

Blog Entries

Deion Jordan is still an interesting option if they go down that road.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    ... I think he (Cary Williams) was unfairly hated around here early on as CB is the EASIEST position to think your own guys are worse then they are, particularly in today's NFL. CB's are on the field to get beat, and even the best get beat a few times a game.
    I don't think it was "unfair". CW did not even have one INT in his first 4 years in the league. He happened to mature in 2012, and that is to his advantage, but will it continue at an $8 mil. per season level? Keep in mind that he won't have Ed Reed, Pollard, Webb/Graham or Jimmy Smith beside him. Another GM may not consider that, but our wise Ozzie will... Bc

Suggs is more complete than Kruger. While Kruger, right now (post Suggs injury/pre 100% recovery) is a [I]slightly[I] better pure pass rusher; Suggs is conversely the more complete football player.

Sets edges, rushes the passer, and can cover.
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Kruger was on the Siriusxm NFL Radio this week. he wants to stay a Raven and he even said he would take less money to be a Raven. CW is gone. Jimmy Smith proved his worth and with Webb coming back, things are looking good in the secondary, except for Reed. I am hopeful Reed wants to retire a Raven, but I am just not sure. As to Suggs, hopefully he restructures his deal.

LOl... we got trolled into a 4 pg thread about this

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Darrell Revis would have been picked alive with our lack of pass rush that we had at the start of the year. You can only cover for so long in this league before the offensive player can separate no matter how talented you are. Cary Williams isn't the greatest corner in he world, nor would I say he's elite or anything, but he's a very solid player in the Cromartie tier of corners. He will get paid, lets just be glad we have very good depth at corner.
    Revis would have been a lock down corner here, I don't think people realize how good he is. And Cromartie is much much better than Cary "Can't cover a curl" Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Miz89 View Post
    Revis would have been a lock down corner here, I don't think people realize how good he is. And Cromartie is much much better than Cary "Can't cover a curl" Williams.
    disagree on Cromartie. He's not that great. He bites on double moves worse then CW. He jsut has the ball skills to wow people and attract attention. He can't cover for shite.

Blog Entries

Cary Williams has allowed 45 first downs and TD's.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...d-cornerbacks/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Cary Williams has allowed 45 first downs and TD's.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...d-cornerbacks/
    Pass rush and coaching.

He should be jamming not playing off. Anyway, whatever the reasons, its not our problem anymore, he wont be a Raven next year. Thanks for the solid two years Cary. Just be thankful we're set at corner even without him for now.