Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Would we cut Suggs to keep Kruger?

Deion Jordan is still an interesting option if they go down that road.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    ... I think he (Cary Williams) was unfairly hated around here early on as CB is the EASIEST position to think your own guys are worse then they are, particularly in today's NFL. CB's are on the field to get beat, and even the best get beat a few times a game.
    I don't think it was "unfair". CW did not even have one INT in his first 4 years in the league. He happened to mature in 2012, and that is to his advantage, but will it continue at an $8 mil. per season level? Keep in mind that he won't have Ed Reed, Pollard, Webb/Graham or Jimmy Smith beside him. Another GM may not consider that, but our wise Ozzie will... Bc

Suggs is more complete than Kruger. While Kruger, right now (post Suggs injury/pre 100% recovery) is a [I]slightly[I] better pure pass rusher; Suggs is conversely the more complete football player.

Sets edges, rushes the passer, and can cover.
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Kruger was on the Siriusxm NFL Radio this week. he wants to stay a Raven and he even said he would take less money to be a Raven. CW is gone. Jimmy Smith proved his worth and with Webb coming back, things are looking good in the secondary, except for Reed. I am hopeful Reed wants to retire a Raven, but I am just not sure. As to Suggs, hopefully he restructures his deal.

LOl... we got trolled into a 4 pg thread about this

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Darrell Revis would have been picked alive with our lack of pass rush that we had at the start of the year. You can only cover for so long in this league before the offensive player can separate no matter how talented you are. Cary Williams isn't the greatest corner in he world, nor would I say he's elite or anything, but he's a very solid player in the Cromartie tier of corners. He will get paid, lets just be glad we have very good depth at corner.
    Revis would have been a lock down corner here, I don't think people realize how good he is. And Cromartie is much much better than Cary "Can't cover a curl" Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Miz89 View Post
    Revis would have been a lock down corner here, I don't think people realize how good he is. And Cromartie is much much better than Cary "Can't cover a curl" Williams.
    disagree on Cromartie. He's not that great. He bites on double moves worse then CW. He jsut has the ball skills to wow people and attract attention. He can't cover for shite.

Blog Entries

Cary Williams has allowed 45 first downs and TD's.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...d-cornerbacks/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Cary Williams has allowed 45 first downs and TD's.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...d-cornerbacks/
    Pass rush and coaching.

He should be jamming not playing off. Anyway, whatever the reasons, its not our problem anymore, he wont be a Raven next year. Thanks for the solid two years Cary. Just be thankful we're set at corner even without him for now.

Blog Entries

Pass rush and coaching.

He should be jamming not playing off.
    I agree. A lot of it was scheme. Pees likes to play off receivers with quarters. Basically gives them the easy comeback or in route.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    LOl... we got trolled into a 4 pg thread about this
    If you change your settings you can get it down to less than that. I get 40 posts per page.

Darrell Revis would have been picked alive with our lack of pass rush that we had at the start of the year. You can only cover for so long in this league before the offensive player can separate no matter how talented you are. Cary Williams isn't the greatest corner in he world, nor would I say he's elite or anything, but he's a very solid player in the Cromartie tier of corners. He will get paid, lets just be glad we have very good depth at corner.
    lol revis would have been championed here. he's not some overrated corner, he's a guy who has the speed, smarts and instincts that all contribute to him being called a shutdown corner. plus, he knows where and how to hand fight and not get caught. guy would be just as good here as anywhere else. i'd love to have him here opposite Webb.

Quote Originally Posted by Miz89 View Post
    . . . we will cut you in order to keep someone else who really only truly showed up because he knew he had to if he wanted to get paid!"
    That's not a true (or fair) assessment of Kruger's career in Baltimore. The Ravens effed around with his weight and position for 2-3 years before deciding they should let him play his natural position, and then he was behind JJohnson, which limited his playing time. Who knows what would have happened if they just played him at the position he was when he was drafted.

Even so, I still wouldn't cut Suggs to keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    If you change your settings you can get it down to less than that. I get 40 posts per page.
    lol.... it's 5 now at 20 posts a page.

As slow as this site has been since the SuperBowl, i'll leave it where it is for now.

There's ONE huge flaw (amongst many) to Florio's story. In order to re-sign Kruger, the team is likely to need the savings from Suggs' release, but if they were to do a post-June 1 release, they wouldn't have that Cap space until after June 1. Because of that, the space created by Suggs' release is basically useless to getting Kruger re-signed in March.

And, FWIW, releasing him prior to June 1, would only save them $1.8M in Cap space, while forcing them to carry over $11M in dead money on the Cap.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap