Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Would we cut Suggs to keep Kruger?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Wow. I had no idea that was Suggs cap number next year.

Why is this being dismissed out of hand? Because its Florio?

This is a VERY real issue, folks. Sure, it's likely he stays, but it won't be at that number and if holds firm he could very well be a casualty.
    No way that happens. Maybe after next season because his deal is up after the 2014 season.

This is a VERY real issue, folks. Sure, it's likely he stays, but it won't be at that number and if holds firm he could very well be a casualty.
    Are you serious? Suggs will the leader on defense next year without Ray Lewis or even possibly Ed Reed

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by houstonraven View Post
    wow. I had no idea that was suggs cap number next year.

Why is this being dismissed out of hand? Because its florio?

This is a very real issue, folks. Sure, it's likely he stays, but it won't be at that number and if holds firm he could very well be a casualty.
    lol

Blog Entries
    Hey, maybe the Steelers should cut LaMarr Woodley too. That woukd be enough for them to keep Mike Wallace.

I get he is just speculating...but that is dumb.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

There is no way they would cut him.

However, I could see them re-doing his deal.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

No. Suggs stays. Boldin stays. I think even Leach stays. Don't get this desire to cut Leach. Kruger will take less to stay or get paid elsewhere. I would miss Kruger but he can be replaced easily. Folks are underestimating Upshaw as a passrusher.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    There is no way they would cut him.

However, I could see them re-doing his deal.

Which is my point as well.

Geez people.

I agree we shouldnt cut Suggs- but dismissing it as easily as most of you are ridiculous. Tough decisions are going to be made and we WILL lose a lot of pieces. I question how motivated Suggs will be without his "General" leading the way. I don't doubt his leadership abilities, but he's always played behind ray, and no sure way to know how he'll step up without him. Not to mention, you guys do realize we just won a Superbowl in a season in which Suggs played half of our games, and due to injury, wasn't a huge factor in the ones that he did. When healthy, yes, he is a beast and the best at his position, but he was nowhere near that level this season, and we won anyway. His cap humber is HUGE!! It's worth a thought at least. Hell, if it was either Suggs, versus keeping Kruger, Reed, and Ellerbe... who do you keep??
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"

This is what PFT does. They advance some bizarre theory under the cover of saying they heard it in "league circles".

This isn't 2002. The Ravens aren't in cap hell. Ozzie learned that lesson after 2001. Kruger will be going before Suggs. You can bank on that.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by StingerNLG; 02-09-2013 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joe View Post
    No. Suggs stays. Boldin stays. I think even Leach stays. Don't get this desire to cut Leach. Kruger will take less to stay or get paid elsewhere. I would miss Kruger but he can be replaced easily. Folks are underestimating Upshaw as a passrusher.
    I do agree about Upshaw. I think he'll be an upgrade over Kruger to be honest. Unless he sits back and gets fat this off season after winning back to back championships with the Tide and Ravens... Unlikely though, given he needs to step up to cash in when he hits free agency in a few years- since he wasnt a 1st round draft pick- and has a contract to prove it.
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"

Which is my point as well.

Geez people.
    Then you should have led with it instead of chiding us for dismissing the idea of cutting him.

I agree that a restructure might be a good idea, but that's also a dangerous path to start heading down with 30 year old players as Pittsburgh is learning now.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

I'm thinking PFT should cut Florio to save face from the lawsuit Ray Lewis should be doing soon. Maybe florio tried the antler stuff and is in another world doing this story.
    Suggs isn't going anywhere and maybe he does do something to help the cap situation. Mean while, talking heads continue to be total asses, wishing the Ravens cut Suggs.