Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Then you should have led with it instead of chiding us for dismissing the idea of cutting him.

I agree that a restructure might be a good idea, but that's also a dangerous path to start heading down with 30 year old players as Pittsburgh is learning now.
    Except I didn't chide anyone. But whatever.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Rex Thunder View Post
    I agree we shouldnt cut Suggs- but dismissing it as easily as most of you are ridiculous. Tough decisions are going to be made and we WILL lose a lot of pieces. I question how motivated Suggs will be without his "General" leading the way. I don't doubt his leadership abilities, but he's always played behind ray, and no sure way to know how he'll step up without him. Not to mention, you guys do realize we just won a Superbowl in a season in which Suggs played half of our games, and due to injury, wasn't a huge factor in the ones that he did. When healthy, yes, he is a beast and the best at his position, but he was nowhere near that level this season, and we won anyway. His cap humber is HUGE!! It's worth a thought at least. Hell, if it was either Suggs, versus keeping Kruger, Reed, and Ellerbe... who do you keep??
    It is not worth a thought. He is the next leader of this team. When ray Lewis was down last year Suggs was the general. Our defense was bad this year and a big part of that was a unhealthy Suggs. Suggs is more valuable than a old Reed role playing Kruger and a often injured un drafted linebacker ellerbe by far. At this age Reed is easily replaceable, he's not the same player. We already have Krugers replacement in upshaw. Ellerbe is one of many un drafted linebackers that the ravens have made serviceable and he's always injured. I like all these players but Suggs is way way way more valuable.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Re: Would we cut Suggs to keep Kruger?

Not only is Florio a Steelers fan, he's on crack!

Blog Entries

PFT is a good site during the season but they don't have much to report now so they speculate.

There will be some tough decisions made and some players will not be back but I don't think Suggs is one of them. It is a difficult situation though

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

is that al davis sperm?

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Not that anybody cares, and Florio DOES wait until the final curtain to deliver, but he says, "The possibility of cutting Suggs remains very highly unlikely. But it’s definitely a subject of speculation in league circles, even if it doesn’t happen."

Which segues into my second comment -- it seems as if many folks look at the Ravens, or ANY team's, CAP situation with just a tad bit of myopia. This guy named Ozzie Newsome and his staff get paid the big bucks to look at things from the 50,000 foot level as well as on the ground. Obviously Suggs' contract is a significant element of the overall team salary/CAP picture, but assessing it in a few "dire consequences" paragraphs (ex. - "In the postseason, Suggs had two sacks against the Broncos, but none in three other playoff appearances." Well, shit! Cut the bastard, and sign the flavor du off-season!") is just what it is - media types looking to fill some column space. Not saying Suggs is immune from the axe, but if someone has his jersey, I wouldn't dump it just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by 73doubledown73 View Post
    is that al davis sperm?
    Just win, baby.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Except I didn't chide anyone. But whatever.
    Why dont you stop chiding people already.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I don't know why people think it is such an outlandish idea. Releasing Suggs and keeping Kruger does not mean Kruger is > than Suggs. However, Suggs' best days are behind him, Krugers' best days are ahead. Not that I think Kruger would ever be as good as Suggs.

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    Not only is Florio a Steelers fan, he's on crack!
    He's a Vikings fan

Blog Entries

When asked about cutting Suggs, Joe Flacco replied "that's retarded."

Blog Entries
    Enough with the chiding

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!