Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Would we cut Suggs to keep Kruger?

Bryce Harper weighed in ...

That's a clown question Florio
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

He who has no sin cast the first chide.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Bryce Harper weighed in ...

That's a clown question Florio
    LOL. This made me chuckle.

Blog Entries

Lol@Florio.

Kruger lost his starting job early in the season and didn't even start coming into his own until Suggs got back on the field. I like Kruger, but he is a SITUATIONAL player. Suggs is a CORNERSTONE player. Kruger is as good as gone. I'd love to see him back next year but that's what happens when you have an organization that drafts so well. Can't keep em all.

5. People that don't think this is crazy know nothing about football.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by micadrz400 View Post
    I don't know why people think it is such an outlandish idea. Releasing Suggs and keeping Kruger does not mean Kruger is > than Suggs. However, Suggs' best days are behind him, Krugers' best days are ahead. Not that I think Kruger would ever be as good as Suggs.
    :word

The problem is...Suggs isn't as good as Suggs. Not any more. And his cap hit is off the charts. But people get attached to certain players, even if those players only exist in some historical past. S'way it goes. So to not address the reality of how that all impacts the team is what's stupid. Talking about ways to at least try to minimize the impact of that is not stupid at all.
    Last edited by RavensRule21215; 02-10-2013 at 12:20 AM.

Blog Entries

Suggs is one year removed from DPOY for goodness sakes! He just came back from an achillies injury faster than anybody in the history of professional sports has. He will be back to his dominant self come September.

8. Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post

The problem is...Suggs isn't as good as Suggs. Not any more. And his cap hit is off the charts. But people get attached to certain players, even if those players only exist in some historical past. S'way it goes. So to not address the reality of how that all impacts the team is what's stupid. Talking about ways to at least try to minimize the impact of that is not stupid at all.
    Lol I don't even like Suggs I'm just smart enough to realize how much we need him. He had a torn achilles tendon and a torn bicep both injuries should have knocked him out for the season and he played thru both and helped the team. He didn't have the sacks but he was still very good playing against the run. Sacks are coming back this year.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post

guy was dpoy last year. would have mirrored his production this year if not for TWO injuries that should have kept him out all year instead of just some of it. Suggs isn't as good as Suggs, pfffffft.

Quote Originally Posted by rlh445 View Post
    guy was dpoy last year. would have mirrored his production this year if not for TWO injuries that should have kept him out all year instead of just some of it. Suggs isn't as good as Suggs, pfffffft.
    Wow. And to think that Rodgers' cap hit is $10M, and Suggs' cap hit is $13M. What a bargain for Suggs.

smh
    Last edited by RavensRule21215; 02-10-2013 at 01:36 AM.

11. Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    Wow. And to think that Rodgers' cap hit is $10M, and Suggs' cap hit is $13M. What a bargain for Suggs.

smh
    If that is true cuz i dont care enough to look it up that would be because Aaron Rodgers signed the extension in green Bay with only one decent season as a starter under his belt. Suggs was in his prime and one of the best olb in the game(still is). Do you not understand how contracts work? Some players are worth keeping thru there prime even tho there expensive. Ngata, rice, Lewis, Reed. These are all examples of players that get expensive during their prime. That doesn't mean you cut them.

Blog Entries

Food for thought, Aaron Rodgers said he's waiting to see what Flacco gets for his next deal...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/89...o-new-contract
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!