Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Ozzie lists top needs for next year

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    sounds like he is saying we need help in the front 7 of the D (which we all know) but if BPA is on offense, we'll take him anyway. Not exactly giving away state secrets
    Very true. Also, dont get caught up in GM speak either. Why tip your hand on what you need, with FA coming up and the draft. Take it all with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Very true. Also, dont get caught up in GM speak either. Why tip your hand on what you need, with FA coming up and the draft. Take it all with a grain of salt.
    Totally agree. Really all Ozzie said was that we need help up the middle defensively (Duh) and that if a good offensive player of value was there then they would certainly not be gunshy about taking him. My prediction is that this could be a rare year in which Ozzie moves up in the 1st 2nd or 3rd round to get guys he values who have dropped to within striking distance at specific need position such as DL, LT, S, and ILB. There are some intriguing guys at LT who the Ravens could target outside the first round if they were willing to move up in say Round 2
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Plus Ray is gone and we could lose Ellerbe and McClellen- DAMN!

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...b-54c45c73559d
    McClellan is under contract dirt cheap for two more years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Totally agree. Really all Ozzie said was that we need help up the middle defensively (Duh) and that if a good offensive player of value was there then they would certainly not be gunshy about taking him. My prediction is that this could be a rare year in which Ozzie moves up in the 1st 2nd or 3rd round to get guys he values who have dropped to within striking distance at specific need position such as DL, LT, S, and ILB. There are some intriguing guys at LT who the Ravens could target outside the first round if they were willing to move up in say Round 2
    I agree, we could even move up in the first potentially, with all our compensatory picks we should have the additional resources to make moves

Blog Entries

We're not moving up in this draft, forget it. Had it been a stronger draft class at the top, like 2011, and there was a Julio Jones type contract, I would have maybe agreed. However, there really are no out and out STARS in this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    We're not moving up in this draft, forget it. Had it been a stronger draft class at the top, like 2011, and there was a Julio Jones type contract, I would have maybe agreed. However, there really are no out and out STARS in this draft.
    Do you think they will actually draft 11 guys? Why? Here is another scenario, trade this years excess picks for picks in the draft of 2014 (you get extra value for that trading a current year pick for a future pick).....then with all those picks in 2014 you can use them for trades before or during the season to fill voids from injuries or weakspots on the roster or underperforming players. Teams rather trade thier players for draft picks than players. Plus, in 2014 the Ravens will even get more additional high compensatory picks for this years possible FA losses (Williams, Kruger, Ellerbe????who knows) I doubt the Ravens draft 11 guys, no way that many guys can make the roster and would result in poor value for their assets. Trade up or trade them for next years picks for more options in the future. I doubt 11 picks make an expansion type team.

Lots of options. Could trade a 3rd and 4th for a good vet that someone is looking to unload. It worked well once, sooooo...
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Dameco Ryans could be an option.

Quote Originally Posted by conviction View Post
    I agree, we could even move up in the first potentially, with all our compensatory picks we should have the additional resources to make moves
    Just remember comp picks can't be traded and that we own the 32nd pick. Not exactly high value

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I don't see Ozzie moving up in this draft. The team really does not necessarily need difference makers. They need about 4 or guys that can contribute right away. I would never really consider an ILB a difference maker in today's NFL. Ngata is a difference maker at DT so they really need someone who can anchor. I would say a DT that can get after a passer is a difference maker. You can get a guy like Cody was supposed to be in 2nd round. I see his comments about receivers and pass rushers that if there is a guy there that they really like they will take him early in the draft even though it is not as much of a need as say ILB, OL or safety.

I could see Ozzie dropping down to early in the 2nd again. I would like to see them make some moves so that they have a bunch of picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. That to me is where the talent is in this draft. After the top 10 or so I think this is strong draft.

He'll move up to catch a valuable "faller" if he has a partner.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

I guess its POSSIBLE that if Lane Johnson slides past 20, then MAYBE it could happen, ala Michael Oher. However, no way do we trade up more than 15 spots to get him, no chance in hell.