Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ray Rice has been quiet

It sucks for fantasy football purposes (Rice is usually a top 3 pick), but real life 2013 Raven's football is going to look more like our 3 headed monster from a few years back, but with one less head.

I hope Pierce can stay healthy. I love how different they are as runners.

I would really like to see Rice morph into a more Sproles like role.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I think this more than anything. And I think that he may not be that happy that his "backup" outran him either. Pearce got a LOT of touches this year.

And I don't think he was overused at all. Think about how many games this year he barely touched the ball. If anything, he should have been fresh for the playoffs.

His fumble in the SB could have cost us the game.
    A couple of game against the Bengals ought to cheer him up. He always runs wild on us.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Really, only 3 guys have hit the circuit...

John Harbaugh - Head Coach
    Joe Flacco - Super Bowl MVP
    Jacoby Jones - "Runner up" for MVP, had two biggest plays in Super Bowl

No Reed, No Torrey, No Pitta, No Ngata, Not much Suggs (just bashing Skip on First Take)...
    Wasn't Rice on the Rippa/Strahan show? (whatever it's called nowadays)

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post

Blog Entries

He's been on Facebook nearly every day, getting out info about different charities and causes.

As far as I'm concerned, he's been making plenty of noise, and for all the right reasons.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Ok, you are correct...

So really, he's gotten the same amount of press then.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

I think next year they use Pierce more between the tackles and try to get Rice out in space more. As much as Ray struggled between the tackles, he is still one of the hardest in the league to get down in the open field. Harbaugh has proven that he will put his stud RB on the bench in favor of an up and comer.

I thought Rice was a little off this year compared to previous years in the manner in which he carried himself. It was very subtle, but he exhibited a bit more bravado and swagger, and for him, I am not sure it is a good thing.

After the epic 4th and 29 conversion it ramped up, subtly again, but just a bit more. Then after the two fumbles in the 1st playoff game he did not seem as relaxed on the field, because usually he just flows and goes. He seemed tight to me.

Maybe I am reading too much into it and seeing things that are not there, but I hope he says to himself, "Rhu rho. I better really work hard this off season and get my head in the right place to play football from the get go this year."

He is still a great player. Will be interesting to see how he works and plays without Ray Lewis around.

Blog Entries

I think his hold out affected him this year too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I figured after a SB win, he would be one of the main media guys.

I know he had an appearance on Ripa (?) and Strahan, but other than that haven't heard much from him.

Maybe he is a little bummed about his playoff performance?

Colts:
    rush - 15/68
    pass - 1/47
    2 fumbles

Denver:
    rush - 30/131, 1TD

NE:
    rush - 19/48, 1TD
    pass - 3/22

SF:
    rush - 20/59
    pass - 4/19
    1 fumble

Playoff totals:
    rush - 84/306 for a poor 3.64ypc, 2TDs, 3 fumbles
    pass - 8/88

In fact I think his stats this year were a bit of a down year for him. I really hope we didn't burn him out 2-3 years ago with over usage (similar to Turner in Atlanta).

I am glad we have Pierce, because that should push Rice more to maintain top dog status. Even still, I'd be happy giving Rice fewer carries and making him more integral in the passing game such as Sproles in NO.
    See Ozzie thread on Pierce. He wants to draft RB depth because Pierce was injured too much during practices
    and games.

As people keep forgetting, some of Rice's poor stats occurred in the playoffs because all the defenses were
    stopping Rice up the middle which opened up the great plays to Boldin on the outside.

The 3rd and inches from Joe to Boldin was on the outside lane made possible by teams shutting down Rice.

They can't stop everyone which is why we won the SB - geesh!

Same thing happened to the great Jim Brown in the 64 championship game. Colts threw everything at him to
    stop him and they did but that opened up the outside lane to former Terp Gary Collins who scored 3 TDs from
    Frank Ryan.

Rice was our Jim Brown and people down't even know it.

I think Rice will be just fine going forward. He is one of the special talents in the league, and we are lucky to have him. Now, having said that, Mr. Pierce needs to see the field A LOT -- that dude is a beast. It will be interesting to see if Caldwell designs some plays that incorporate both of them at the same time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    I think his hold out affected him this year too.
    What hold out?