Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Ray Rice has been quiet

I figured after a SB win, he would be one of the main media guys.

I know he had an appearance on Ripa (?) and Strahan, but other than that haven't heard much from him.

Maybe he is a little bummed about his playoff performance?

Colts:
    rush - 15/68
    pass - 1/47
    2 fumbles

Denver:
    rush - 30/131, 1TD

NE:
    rush - 19/48, 1TD
    pass - 3/22

SF:
    rush - 20/59
    pass - 4/19
    1 fumble

Playoff totals:
    rush - 84/306 for a poor 3.64ypc, 2TDs, 3 fumbles
    pass - 8/88

In fact I think his stats this year were a bit of a down year for him. I really hope we didn't burn him out 2-3 years ago with over usage (similar to Turner in Atlanta).

I am glad we have Pierce, because that should push Rice more to maintain top dog status. Even still, I'd be happy giving Rice fewer carries and making him more integral in the passing game such as Sproles in NO.

Blog Entries

Re: Ray Rice has been quiet

Not many RBs (even the HOF ones) have ever been very good in the play offs, or in SBs. I think the high intensity makes the run games ineffective in the big PO games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Not many RBs (even the HOF ones) have ever been very good in the play offs, or in SBs. I think the high intensity makes the run games ineffective in the big PO games.
    Where was that during our multiple month debate?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I felt bad for Ray. I think the fumbles really shook his confidence.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Last 3 years...

Regular Season:
    2010 4.0 ypc
    2011 4.7 ypc
    2012 4.4 ypc

Postseason:
    2010 3.1 ypc
    2011 3.0 ypc
    2012 3.6 ypc

I think using Pierce more will preserve Rice better for the long season.

Rice had a chance to boost his marketability majorly during this post-season run but his struggles this post-season all but canceled that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Rice had a chance to boost his marketability majorly during this post-season run but his struggles this post-season all but canceled that.
    Yeah. It seems the media has hopped on Jacoby instead, partly because of his personality.

But Ray Rice also has a bubbly personality, and would have easily been a media darling. But like you said, no one latches onto the guy's that struggled.

I just fear that it seems to be a pattern.

Of course it could be that in the playoffs teams key on Rice because he has historically been our playmaker, and they don't want to let him beat them. So they shut him down and force us to use other players to beat them, to Rice's detriment.

i was thinking the same thing. i think rice has an ego larger than most and his putting the ball on the ground is a way for your teammates to lose confidence in you. the emergence of benard pierce has left rice somewhat muted.

i hope he responds with a chip on his shoulder and plays lights out next year. either way it looks like we are set at RB for the foreseeable future. when pierce is up for his second contract rice may be about done.

Teams key in on Rice during post season, he will always have an average game. But if average means making crucial first downs, I'll take it. Pierce was a god send with his running ability and his vision that allowed him to break to the outside for nice gains. Pierce on the team last year would have been the pust the offense needed. N o disrespect to Ray(4th & 29), he has been there for the Ravens I'm sure he realizes that it was a team effort and is playing his role as a key member of the team. The fumbling baffles me in postseason play. More likely an attempt to get more yardage while forgettin about ball security.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    I felt bad for Ray. I think the fumbles really shook his confidence.
    I think this more than anything. And I think that he may not be that happy that his "backup" outran him either. Pearce got a LOT of touches this year.

And I don't think he was overused at all. Think about how many games this year he barely touched the ball. If anything, he should have been fresh for the playoffs.

His fumble in the SB could have cost us the game.

Benard pierce!

Blog Entries

Really, only 3 guys have hit the circuit...

John Harbaugh - Head Coach
    Joe Flacco - Super Bowl MVP
    Jacoby Jones - "Runner up" for MVP, had two biggest plays in Super Bowl

No Reed, No Torrey, No Pitta, No Ngata, Not much Suggs (just bashing Skip on First Take)...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!