Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Ray Rice has been quiet

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Do you realize how worthless OTAs and minicamps are to veterans? Highly doubt it had any effect on him at all. He still had a pretty decent statistical year.
    Actually, I'd suggest with the limitations on training camp activities under the new collective bargaining agreement that OTAs and mini-camps are more important than ever, even for veterans.

Quote Originally Posted by Poeboy View Post
    I think the team sent him a message in the Parade. All the "Superstars" got their own Humvee's. Ray Rice, you get in the Humvee with the 2nd team. The positive in all of this is that Rice knows he screwed the pooch in the playoffs and hopefully it will make him a better player.
    Huh!? That's crazy... If that was the case then Bolden and Pitta should have gotten separate humvees.

Blog Entries

A single season lower yards/carry wont put doubt in the coaches until a trend emerges; Rice will get and should get a mulligan for that this year. The fumbles on the other hand, especially in the big games would be end of a career cause once those seeds of doubt are planted they stay, and it's been more than a one time thing.

Was it the Colts game he fumbled and after the missed field goal the camera panned to him and his sigh of relief?

During the season John told rice to be patient and wait for the holes to open up. With Pierce its one cut and go and off to the races. I would like to see Pierce bulk up and Rice in the slot.
    When Ray goes to Canton, I'm going too.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Yeah. It seems the media has hopped on Jacoby instead, partly because of his personality.

But Ray Rice also has a bubbly personality, and would have easily been a media darling. But like you said, no one latches onto the guy's that struggled.

I just fear that it seems to be a pattern.

Of course it could be that in the playoffs teams key on Rice because he has historically been our playmaker, and they don't want to let him beat them. So they shut him down and force us to use other players to beat them, to Rice's detriment.

Bingo!! Good call, and I see other's agree.

Ray Rice is fine. You obviously play stiffer competition in the playoffs. They try to take away what you do best, which has historically been run for the Ravens and especially since Ry Rice has been here, the offense has run through him. His confidence is fine, his attitude is great. By all accounts he will be the team leader with the departure of Lewis. I think people are reading way too much into things.

I had been clamoring for a formation with Pierce in the backfield and Ray out wide, and they finally did that in the Super Bowl. Hope to see more of that next year.

Rice put the ball on the ground at the worst possible time in the SB........giving SF that short field kept the momentum shift big time, and it was not a really hard hit either.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by Miz89 View Post
    I had been clamoring for a formation with Pierce in the backfield and Ray out wide, and they finally did that in the Super Bowl. Hope to see more of that next year.
    I almost spilled my beverage when I saw that. I'm betting we see it fairly often next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Miz89 View Post
    I have no doubt you will see much more of it next year. Used effectively it would be a devastating 1-2 punch that will put defenses in the position of having to cheat up to cover Rice out the backfield and effectively defense the run. If Jones, Torrey, Boldin are back these guys and Joe have the perfect skillset to exploit that in a bigstrike kinda way.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

I'm not buying it. Teams focus on Rice in the regular season. The idea that they focus on him in the playoffs is nothing new. They do it all year. San Fransisco probably had the toughest front seven that he faced in the playoffs. Indianapolis' defense was not very good. Denver's defense was mainly pass rush. New England's defense was not very good. San Fransisco's secondary was suspect, but their front seven was good.

As another poster declared, in my opinion, Rice just had a bad postseason by his standards.

I think that he was playing tight. The fumbles definitely got to him and it would not surprise me if the emergence of Benard Pierce played a role in that as well. Remember, Ray Rice has been in Pierce's position. He hasn't been in McGahee's position.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Rice put the ball on the ground at the worst possible time in the SB........giving SF that short field kept the momentum shift big time, and it was not a really hard hit either.
    This is true, but I think the issue was that Ray was trying too hard. I think he felt that he needed to step it up to stop the momentum shift, and he wasn't being as careful has he would have been otherwise - you can tell by the way he was fighting for yards when he fumbled. Although it was a terrible time to fumble, what he was doing was noble - he was trying to put the offense on his back and help turn things back around. It just backfired on him....