Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: Will John always get the better of Jim?

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    OR perhaps Jim H. acted like a Head Coach who makes decisive decisions. Starting CK instead of Smith rode his team to the Super Bowl. We were all happy when the Ravens released Cam with only a few games remaining, on a team headed to the playoffs. Jim decided who was best to QB his team, and IMO he was right... Bc
    Yeah, the whining is way over the top, but as a pure coach? He is really, really good.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I think John is in Jim's head now. I just rewatched the FX special. Jim was in total meltdown mode. That 4th down play was not only a good no call, but watching it in real time, I completely get why no flag was thrown. Crabtree initiated the contact and ended up shoving Jimmy Smith down. If you look at the replay, the guy who immediately called for a flag was Jimmy Smith - Crabtree just quietly walked off the field. The ref probably understood that Crabtree was not impeded and that he initiated the contact. Jim just went nuts after that. He should blame himself for some terrible play calling instead.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I think John is in Jim's head now. I just rewatched the FX special. Jim was in total meltdown mode. That 4th down play was not only a good no call, but watching it in real time, I completely get why no flag was thrown. Crabtree initiated the contact and ended up shoving Jimmy Smith down. If you look at the replay, the guy who immediately called for a flag was Jimmy Smith - Crabtree just quietly walked off the field. The ref probably understood that Crabtree was not impeded and that he initiated the contact. Jim just went nuts after that. He should blame himself for some terrible play calling instead.
    Crabtree had a full push off of Jimmy. His arm was fully extended. It was a good no call.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Crabtree had a full push off of Jimmy. His arm was fully extended. It was a good no call.
    He also got away with a shove on Corey Graham on 2nd down. It was the most blatant OPI you could have. No call there either. Didn't see Jim Harbaugh complain about that.

The 4th down was a good no call. If it was anything, it was OPI.

Furthermore, on the KO TD by Jacoby, two guys blocking one guy at perpendicular angles are not called for holding unless they drag the guy to the ground. They didn't.

He also got away with a shove on Corey Graham on 2nd down. It was the most blatant OPI you could have. No call there either. Didn't see Jim Harbaugh complain about that.
    Oh, he did complain. He thought it was defensive pass interference, too.

From the Boston Globe article: http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...ZCK/story.html

Two plays earlier, Harbaugh also wanted pass interference against the Ravens when Corey Graham broke up a pass to Crabtree from behind.

“Yes, there’s no question in my mind that there was pass interference and then a hold [against] Crabtree on the last one,” Harbaugh said in remarks that are sure to be looked at the league, which has made criticism of officials a fineable offense. “On the second-down play, I thought the defender played through [Crabtree]. Early contact, before the ball got to Michael. And then on fourth down, felt like he was grabbed and held.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Oh, he did complain. He thought it was defensive pass interference, too.

From the Boston Globe article: http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...ZCK/story.html

Two plays earlier, Harbaugh also wanted pass interference against the Ravens when Corey Graham broke up a pass to Crabtree from behind.

“Yes, there’s no question in my mind that there was pass interference and then a hold [against] Crabtree on the last one,” Harbaugh said in remarks that are sure to be looked at the league, which has made criticism of officials a fineable offense. “On the second-down play, I thought the defender played through [Crabtree]. Early contact, before the ball got to Michael. And then on fourth down, felt like he was grabbed and held.
    Who is he kidding? ? Crabtree looked at Graham, shoved him in the chest and turned around for the pass. It is textbook OPI. They were lucky it wasn't called.

Who is he kidding? ? Crabtree looked at Graham, shoved him in the chest and turned around for the pass. It is textbook OPI. They were lucky it wasn't called.
    I got a chuckle out of a Steelers fan at work who walks in the day after the SB and says, "congrats, you HELD on to win at the end!".

Funny thing is the hand checking done by Smith was done in the legal chuck zone, while the real penalty on the play (OPI) happened just past the legal chuck zone. The only flag on that play should have been on Crabtree for shoving Smith to the ground.

Funny how people try to change the rule books to fit the version of events they would have liked to have seen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    I got a chuckle out of a Steelers fan at work who walks in the day after the SB and says, "congrats, you HELD on to win at the end!".

Funny thing is the hand checking done by Smith was done in the legal chuck zone, while the real penalty on the play (OPI) happened just past the legal chuck zone. The only flag on that play should have been on Crabtree for shoving Smith to the ground.

Funny how people try to change the rule books to fit the version of events they would have liked to have seen.
    It's all in the eye of the beholder. Glad the refs made the right call and let the players decide the game. I would like to see more games reffed this way. The league has gotten too ticky tack as it is.

It's all in the eye of the beholder. Glad the refs made the right call and let the players decide the game. I would like to see more games reffed this way. The league has gotten too ticky tack as it is.
    I agree.

As for Jim, watching the SoundFX of the game, and rewatching the game today, that dude was complaining about most everything the entire game. He and John couldn't have been more polar opposites in this game, and the Niners and Ravens were as well, each team reflecting it's coach's demeanor.

If any team got screwed by the officiating, it was the Ravens on the obvious late hit on Flacco out of bounds. That would have set us up 1st and goal from the 1/2 yard line, and a TD there might have put the game out of reach.

Blog Entries

Matt Williamson: Jim Harbaugh "is a buffoon on the sideline. It's an embarrassment."

From a Bay Area news paper. About a week old but still very good at responding to the whining coming out of Santa Clara.

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2013/...embarrassment/

Jim is a freak on the sidelines. He looked like a damned fool at the end of the game, crying for a holding call when there couldn't be holding because the ball was in the air. He should have known better, I'm sure he *did* know better, but he acted like a fool anyway.

I hope the officials get the green light to start reining that stuff in next year. It's not good for the game for him to have a tantrum every time a big play goes against his team.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Jim is a freak on the sidelines. He looked like a damned fool at the end of the game, crying for a holding call when there couldn't be holding because the ball was in the air. He should have known better, I'm sure he *did* know better, but he acted like a fool anyway.

I hope the officials get the green light to start reining that stuff in next year. It's not good for the game for him to have a tantrum every time a big play goes against his team.
    http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2013/...embarrassment/
    Way Down South in New Orleans