Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Your're crazy if you think the Ravens are going into a "rebuild year".

I hear this every year, nothing new, but this year its going to be ripe in this particular offseason no matter what team we field.

"Superbowl hangover", cap problems, and all that BS will be heard throughout the offseason, while teams like the Bengals and the Browns will somehow win the offseason, have a magical FA period and a great draft and surpass us in the AFCN. But really, if you look at Luke Daniels excellent thread on his projected team, it really isn't bad at all, and I'd say that's a team easily good enough to contend without any mass injuries.

The team will be the most complete teams in franchise history next season, you can count on that. Flacco is now a top 5 level QB, he has weapons everywhere, maybe not the best in the league, but assuming we keep Jacoby and Boldin, we have three very good wide outs, and the best one two punch at RB in the league. If we re-sign McKinnie, I am very confident about our Oline, which dominated some pretty good defensive fronts in the play offs. There is no more Cam Cameron holding this offense back anymore, and Flacco is ready to be a consistent QB in this league that goes to pro bowls frequently.

Also there aren't many teams with a top 5 QB who have bad years, Drew Brees with the Saints is the only recent season that comes to mind, but it was obvious to why they were so bad in 2012.

The defense wont be as talented as the past, but it will be faster and younger. Suggs will have a full offseason of recovery, and should hopefully fully heal from his rupture a year back. Ngata is Ngata, and when he's healthy and on his day, he is the best defensive player in the league, nobody can block him. Even if he has another unhealthy season, its still good enough with Suggs healthy. I think Ngata should move to NT and truly dominate the middle for us. Upshaw will have another offseason to get better after an impressive rookie campaign. He may never be a great pass rusher in this league, but he makes plays, and is essentially our Jarrett Johnson replacement, but more athletic. We will surely draft a ILB in a high round this year, I just have a feeling with Kevin Minter, I still have him in my own mock draft coming to us. Ed Reed is up in the air, but if Reed should leave Baltimore, at least that gives us the incentive to go out and sign or draft a safety. Finally our corner backs are great, we are pretty stacked there, even when Cary Williams walks in FA. Oh and did I forget to mention Bernard Pollard?

So you will probably hear a lot of national speculation about us falling off a cliff, and even a lot of Ravens fans will buy into it. However, I am confident heading into the offseason, and I am really looking forward to the next few weeks with what happens with this team in FA, and even more looking forward to the draft.

In Ozzie we trust!!!

Re: Your're crazy if you think the Ravens are going into a "rebuild year".

In all honestly, I expect next year's team to be actually better than this year's. First, I think they'll extend Boldin and Jones, and largely keep the offense intact. Leach and McKinnie might be gone, we'll see, but regardless, I think the offense will be extremely good. In the playoffs it seemed nobody had answers for it.

Second, I think the defense is going to improve as well, provided it can stay healthy. Ozzie will make the moves to get stronger up the middle, Upshaw will continue to blossom, and we'll improve against the run with a healthy Ngata.

Also, we get to play the AFCE this year :D

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    In all honestly, I expect next year's team to be actually better than this year's. First, I think they'll extend Boldin and Jones, and largely keep the offense intact. Leach and McKinnie might be gone, we'll see, but regardless, I think the offense will be extremely good. In the playoffs it seemed nobody had answers for it.

Second, I think the defense is going to improve as well, provided it can stay healthy. Ozzie will make the moves to get stronger up the middle, Upshaw will continue to blossom, and we'll improve against the run with a healthy Ngata.

And the Detroit Lions.

i did one of these when i found out that's one of the divisions we'll be matched up with :happyanim
    now the bills, dolphins and jets get the honor to be whupped by both contenders in the most recent AFCCG!

Blog Entries

plus the believeland clowns as always, twice.

Blog Entries

If the Ravens keep Boldin and McKinnie, there is no reason why they shouldn't score 30 PPG, barring injuries. These defense may not be as good as some in Ravens' past, but they ain't giving up 30 PPG.

Losing Ray is losing leadership, but adding speed. Losing Reed is adding Speed. Find a NT and it's a wrap. Wouldn't you know it, the moment they find one we'll be reading about how Terrance Cody is having the best training camp of anyone.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

The offense has been on an absolute tear since Caldwell took over. I gotta assume that the offense will continue improving especially with a full offseason for Caldwell to implement new things or a new system.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out...

The last team to win a playoff game the year after it won the Super Bowl was the Pats after the 2005 season. 06 Stillers didn't make the playoffs, 07 Colts lost at home as #2 seed in divisional round, 08 Giants lost at home as #1 or #2 seed in divisional round, 09 Stillers didn't make it, 10 Saints lost in wildcard round, 11 Packers lost as #1 seed in divisional round, 12 Giants didn't make it...

Ravens will be bucking quite a trend if they do better than that. However, I don't think any of those clubs have been as consistently good as the Harbaugh/Flacco Ravens either...

Blog Entries

I think the Ravens will be just as tough next year. I like the fact that we play them twice a year to gauge our progress. The AFCN is the toughest division in football and it's nice to have the privilege of playing against the World Champions twice next year. (I know, season)
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Yep. Our D was AWESOME in the playoffs don't get me wrong, but I think it will be even better next year...it might be back to scary good. And if our offense does what it just did in the playoffs....think Packers 2011 times two.

Leach and McKinnie might be gone, we'll see, but regardless, I think the offense will be extremely good. In the playoffs it seemed nobody had answers for it.
    "Nobody had answers for it" because our line was extremely effective, i.e. McKinnie sured up our front line of defense since we could move Oher over to RT, and KO to left guard - without McKinnie at LT that would NOT have been the case. Make no mistake about it, if we let McKinnie walk without a suitable replacement, our O will NOT look like what we saw in the playoffs! Jah Reid is NOT KO, and we all know what Oher at LT brings to the table.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    we all know what Oher at LT brings to the table.
    A lot of yellow