I hear this every year, nothing new, but this year its going to be ripe in this particular offseason no matter what team we field.

"Superbowl hangover", cap problems, and all that BS will be heard throughout the offseason, while teams like the Bengals and the Browns will somehow win the offseason, have a magical FA period and a great draft and surpass us in the AFCN. But really, if you look at Luke Daniels excellent thread on his projected team, it really isn't bad at all, and I'd say that's a team easily good enough to contend without any mass injuries.

The team will be the most complete teams in franchise history next season, you can count on that. Flacco is now a top 5 level QB, he has weapons everywhere, maybe not the best in the league, but assuming we keep Jacoby and Boldin, we have three very good wide outs, and the best one two punch at RB in the league. If we re-sign McKinnie, I am very confident about our Oline, which dominated some pretty good defensive fronts in the play offs. There is no more Cam Cameron holding this offense back anymore, and Flacco is ready to be a consistent QB in this league that goes to pro bowls frequently.

Also there aren't many teams with a top 5 QB who have bad years, Drew Brees with the Saints is the only recent season that comes to mind, but it was obvious to why they were so bad in 2012.

The defense wont be as talented as the past, but it will be faster and younger. Suggs will have a full offseason of recovery, and should hopefully fully heal from his rupture a year back. Ngata is Ngata, and when he's healthy and on his day, he is the best defensive player in the league, nobody can block him. Even if he has another unhealthy season, its still good enough with Suggs healthy. I think Ngata should move to NT and truly dominate the middle for us. Upshaw will have another offseason to get better after an impressive rookie campaign. He may never be a great pass rusher in this league, but he makes plays, and is essentially our Jarrett Johnson replacement, but more athletic. We will surely draft a ILB in a high round this year, I just have a feeling with Kevin Minter, I still have him in my own mock draft coming to us. Ed Reed is up in the air, but if Reed should leave Baltimore, at least that gives us the incentive to go out and sign or draft a safety. Finally our corner backs are great, we are pretty stacked there, even when Cary Williams walks in FA. Oh and did I forget to mention Bernard Pollard?

So you will probably hear a lot of national speculation about us falling off a cliff, and even a lot of Ravens fans will buy into it. However, I am confident heading into the offseason, and I am really looking forward to the next few weeks with what happens with this team in FA, and even more looking forward to the draft.

In Ozzie we trust!!!