Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: Ok, here it is....my official projected 2013 roster

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    bmorecareful, you seem to put a lot of time into watching college game film.

What's your opinion of Braxton Cave compared to Joe Madsen? Which do you prefer?

Also, aside from Eifert and Teo, do you see any other ND players getting drafted? Matta? Cierre Wood? (have to imagine he would). Theo Riddick?
    I'm not a big expert on ND having not watched a whole ton of their tape but Braxton Cave looks pretty slow on his feet to me. I don't see them running a lot of combo blocks requiring him to get out to the 2nd level like the Ravens do in their zone-blocking scheme. I personally would take a number of centers over Cave in the mid to late rounds; Joe Madsen would be one of them (like his technique and foot quickness a lot), as well as Brian Schwenke (nice prospect, versatile to play both center and guard), Mario Benavides, and Dalton Freeman (latter 2 guys are very undersized but have the agility and technique you like in a zone-blocking center).

Both of the ND RBs should probably get drafted, I don't think either one is anything special. Zeke Motta is a pretty bad/overrated player IMO who could fall out of the draft entirely without a good Combine.

Kapron Lewis-Moore would have been probably a mid-to-late round pick if he wouldn't have blown his ACL in the BCS. I feel really bad for the kid and hope he can catch onto an NFL at some point. He would be a good run-stopping 3-4 DE. ND was already getting gashed by the run before he left the game but you could really see how much they missed him on that DL.

Blog Entries

I think the Ravens are going to keep Reed.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    I think the Ravens are going to keep Reed.
    Me too. He won't be as expensive as people think and he's such an asset. QBs don't throw his way, and those that do....well see Super Bowl 47.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Kapron Lewis-Moore would have been probably a mid-to-late round pick if he wouldn't have blown his ACL in the BCS. I feel really bad for the kid and hope he can catch onto an NFL at some point. He would be a good run-stopping 3-4 DE. ND was already getting gashed by the run before he left the game but you could really see how much they missed him on that DL.
    Yea, I notably left him out because I saw him as a late rounder prior to the ACL, and now is going to have to make it as a UDFA. I saw a little of Cory Redding in him.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Both of the ND RBs should probably get drafted,
    Riddick is unique because he had two years as a RB and two as a WR and he was productive in both roles. I'm not sure he would fit every team's needs, but I could see him having a productive career with a team like New England or Green Bay, that has a lot of screens and short passing plays.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Riddick is unique because he had two years as a RB and two as a WR and he was productive in both roles. I'm not sure he would fit every team's needs, but I could see him having a productive career with a team like New England or Green Bay, that has a lot of screens and short passing plays.
    Agreed. This is a copycat league, and plenty of teams have seen what guys like Percy Harvin, Darren Sproles, and Randall Cobb can do. The "gadget" player is becoming one of the hot new trends in the NFL along with the "mismatch TE." Guys who are explosive returning kicks and punts, running routes, and working out of the backfield are tearing up the NFL as long as creative OCs know how to use them.

I don't think Riddick is anywhere near as explosive or polished as those 3 guys, but then he's not going to be a high pick either, so the risk is not high. At worst, you're getting a returner who can crosstrain and back up at multiple positions. At best you might be getting a real Swiss Army knife type game-breaker. Tavon Austin is the same way. You almost can't knock your team for taking a chance on a guy like that because all you do is get the ball in their hands and see what turns out.

I was about to do one of these for myself, btu I jsut wasn't finding many differences...

I like Schweinke and Quessenberry over the linemen you "drafted"at similar value points.
    I like Knighton as the only incoming FA, as opposed to your guard and LBer... maybe

I'd also consider an H-back type in the last day of the draft, maybe a guy like Zach Line possibly at the expense of Dickson.

I like Minter, but am not sure ILB is the direction to go in the first. I'd struggle to pass over Tavon Austin, which would change a lot.

I