Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Pittsburgh's March Massacre

I've done and re-done the Steelers 2013 cap and $14 million over the cap just isn't right. Perhaps that is the number of just their roster right now, not counting any of their Restricted Free Agents or ERFAs. The Steelers, by my calculations, have $103 m tied up in just 11 players. When you take their top 23 players, including their RFAs, they go up to around $125 million. So that's $4 million over the cap before we even add the other 28 players needed to determine their "rule of 51". Assuming the average for those other 28 players is $575-600, that puts them about $22-25 million over the cap.

They're screwed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    I've done and re-done the Steelers 2013 cap and $14 million over the cap just isn't right. Perhaps that is the number of just their roster right now, not counting any of their Restricted Free Agents or ERFAs. The Steelers, by my calculations, have $103 m tied up in just 11 players. When you take their top 23 players, including their RFAs, they go up to around $125 million. So that's $4 million over the cap before we even add the other 28 players needed to determine their "rule of 51". Assuming the average for those other 28 players is $575-600, that puts them about $22-25 million over the cap.

They're screwed

Here is a thread I found about them discussing their cap.

http://www.steelernation.com/forums/...-Cap-Situation

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Anyone see the end comment

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ge-of-veterans

"With the Baltimore Ravens also turning to a youth movement, a window may be opening for the Cincinnati Bengals to take control of the AFC North in 2013."
    You mean all the young players that made just about every big play in the playoffs? That youth movement?

Blog Entries

They tried to bring back as many as possible for one last run, but Joe Flacco has a hold on this division now.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    You mean all the young players that made just about every big play in the playoffs? That youth movement?
    Did you mean the clutch first down runs of Benard Pierce, or the clutch play of Jimmy Smith?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

They're screwed.
    Well, I am not ready to right them off at this point....but they cannot afford another bad draft like last season. (who can?)

I've done and re-done the Steelers 2013 cap and $14 million over the cap just isn't right. Perhaps that is the number of just their roster right now, not counting any of their Restricted Free Agents or ERFAs.
    I'm sure that's it. Most writers are only basing their stories on the present Cap status of teams which only includes the players presently under contract.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Did you mean the clutch first down runs of Benard Pierce, or the clutch play of Jimmy Smith?
    I was thinking along the lines of the play of the MVP QB...making passes to the young TEs and wide-out Torrey Smith.

Don't get me wrong...they don't win the SB without the veterans...but outside of Anquan Boldin, all the other veterans (Reed, Suggs, Lewis, even Ngata) had a fairly quiet post-season run.

Blog Entries

I was thinking along the lines of the play of the MVP QB...making passes to the young TEs and wide-out Torrey Smith.

Don't get me wrong...they don't win the SB without the veterans...but outside of Anquan Boldin, all the other veterans (Reed, Suggs, Lewis, even Ngata) had a fairly quiet post-season run.
    Oh, because I thought you were talking about the bone crushing fumble causing hits by Courtney Upshaw, and the play of Arthur Jones.

EXACTLY! People are foolish to equate youth with poor play. It's all about BALANCE.

You got to love the way the Ravens have Been doing business the last couple years. I personally think the Ravens organization has grown over the last couple years.
    But for me I live behind enemy lines and it will be so good To hear this city cry for a while. I hope they gut the team.

Cincy Got cap room and look dangerous. They just might be something to reckon with next year.

But the mighty ravens will not go out without a fight.

Blog Entries

Cincinnati could still use some help on the back end. Dre Kirkpatrick was supposed to be some of that help, but he didn't even play the season. Cincinnati is all pass rush. They struggled to stop the run on the edge, because they don't maintain gap discipline. They struggled in the secondary, because they just don't have a lot of talent back there.