Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Lardarius Webb...

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    Add playoffs and that equals most of our wins without him.

Not discounting Webb, but as Scally was saying, it's a testament to the strength of our team.
    Yea but come playoff time NOBODY was throwing Ed Reed's way. When Colin did he got picked off. Our cornerbacks made big PLAYS...but as every down players our CBs were bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I'm amazed that people still suggest dumping Jacoby. His returns and plays downfield won us so many games. You can't be sure you'll replicate that. He is just stupid fast.
    We can't be sure that we can replicate that with him as well.

I am not trying to downplay his impact on our SB run, but as I said in another thread, Jacoby's season this year in hindsight is going to be reminiscent of Cundiffs year in 2010. If we extend him we're going to be sorry. The guy is easily replaceable as a 3rd WR and kick returners are a luxury, a luxury a team strapped for cap space like us cannot afford. If we had no one on the roster, maybe, but I want to see Deonte Thompson back in there, he is just as fast if not faster than Jones, and has more to offer as a receiver in that he has serious potential/upside. It's a tough move that a team in our situation has to make. IMO this is a no-brainer.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Re: Ladariu Webb...

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    "A Rookie Contract for a Drafted Rookie may not be renegotiated, amended or altered in any way until after the final regular season game of the player's third contract year."
    Exactly. Not only did the new CBA put much, much more strict limits on compensation for rookie - especially those at the top of the draft - it also precludes renegotiating contract until after the player's 3rd year.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Here's the details from rotoworld

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5331/lardarius-webb

4/5/2012: Signed a six-year, $52.742 million contract. The deal included a $10 million signing bonus. 2013: $2.385 million (+ $5 million option bonus), 2014: $7.5 million, 2015-2016: $8 million, 2017: $8.5 million (Option Year), 2018: Free Agent

This means that the cap hit would be 5/6 of the $10 million signing bonus or $8.33 million. However if he stays they have to pay him the $2.2385 in salary plus the $5 million option bonus which would add $1 million to the year. That means the hit would still be $5 million. The only way it makes sense is if he's so banged up they are worried about giving him a $7.385 million check next year. Like esmd posted it would really need to be a Foxworth situation which hopefully it won't be
    I'm pretty sure that the Option Bonus if guaranteed, so it's likely that they'd have to pay that either way.

Regardless, there's $8M in dead money that would hit the Cap based on last year's Signing Bonus, so there's no way he's not going to be on the team next year.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

If I remember correctly he tore a different ACL this time. I believe this is probably a good thing. Typically when you tear the same ACL recovery is more difficult and more likely to not hold up. Here is hoping he returns just as strongly this time around.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    If I remember correctly he tore a different ACL this time. I believe this is probably a good thing. Typically when you tear the same ACL recovery is more difficult and more likely to not hold up. Here is hoping he returns just as strongly this time around.
    Which is why RG3's injury is more troubling. It's the same knee that had an ACL in college, so the muscle there is already weaker, and is now even weaker after being repaired a 2nd time.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!