Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lardarius Webb...

After all of this talk about free agency, who we might resign and who we might lose, I've almost completely forgotten about Webby.

Great to know that even if we do end up losing Reed, Kruger, or whoever that we still have one of the top CB's in football :happyanim

Ngata, Suggs, Ellerbe (assuming he stays since he seems to be our biggest target), Corey Graham, Chykie Brown, Ladarius Webb, Jimmy Smith, Bernard Pollard, and so on and so on.

We still have a great core on defense, and this is even before free agency, the draft and possible up n coming stars on our team already.

Kind of went off topic with the whole Webb thing, but thinking about him coming back made me realize how great of a defense, team and even organizaion we have heading into the future.

Blog Entries

Re: Ladariu Webb...

Just another compliment to this team...we won most of our games without our best CB. Arguably, our best defender.

Corey Graham goes down as a MAJOR homerun this year. His play, along with Cary Williams, and a little bit Chykie Brown, kept our secondary good enough to win the Super Bowl.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Provided Webb's rehab goes according to plan, I'm very comfortable with him at one starting CB slot and a Jimmy Smith/Corey Graham competition for the other side. The loser plays nickel, with Chykie Brown as the 4th CB.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Crazy cap question. Any chance they decide to dump Webb given his health issues? He's due a $5 million option bonus this year.

I seriously doubt it, he's too good (and young) of a player that will be a major contributor going forward. Only way they make a move like that is if he has a major setback in his rehab like Foxworth did. I guess that's possible, but I think it's not very likely.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Crazy cap question. Any chance they decide to dump Webb given his health issues? He's due a $5 million option bonus this year.
    Wouldn't that crush the Ravens cap though? Webb just signed his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Good point, all the guaranteed money would accelerate. Unless his knee injury is career threatening/ending, I don't see it happening.

Blog Entries

Webb did such a good job returning from the first ACL tear, that I would think the team will give him the opportunity to prove his full recover from this one.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

If we can keep Reed, Ellerbe, McKinney, and either Jacoby or Anquan I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    If we can keep Reed, Ellerbe, McKinney, and either Jacoby or Anquan I'll be happy.
    Jacoby Jones signed a 2 year deal last year, so there is nothing the Ravens need to do to "keep" him. And it sounds like Boldin wants to retire a Ravens, so I would THINK he would be a likely candidate for an extension that is cap friendly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by terps19 View Post
    Jacoby Jones signed a 2 year deal last year, so there is nothing the Ravens need to do to "keep" him.
    The key with Jacoby is that he costs us about 4 mil against the cap. That's a significant portion when we're looking at places to get cap relief.

What I'd like to see, but it may be overkill, is extending both Jacoby and Boldin to lower their cap numbers. Boldin probably is more likely than Jacoby.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Here's the details from rotoworld

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5331/lardarius-webb

4/5/2012: Signed a six-year, $52.742 million contract. The deal included a $10 million signing bonus. 2013: $2.385 million (+ $5 million option bonus), 2014: $7.5 million, 2015-2016: $8 million, 2017: $8.5 million (Option Year), 2018: Free Agent

This means that the cap hit would be 5/6 of the $10 million signing bonus or $8.33 million. However if he stays they have to pay him the $2.2385 in salary plus the $5 million option bonus which would add $1 million to the year. That means the hit would still be $5 million. The only way it makes sense is if he's so banged up they are worried about giving him a $7.385 million check next year. Like esmd posted it would really need to be a Foxworth situation which hopefully it won't be