Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

What are our chances of repeating as SB champs?

There have only been a few teams who have been able to accomplish the "repeat". We are losing some key veteran players in Lewis, Birk and possibly Reed. What are our chances of repeating. The following teams are the only ones to accomplish this. Are the Ravens poised for a repeat?

Packers
    Dolphins
    Steelers
    49er's
    Cowboys
    Patriots
    Broncos
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Re: What are our chances of repeating as SB champs?

It will be very challenging to repeat. I am more concerned about losing Kruger and relying on Sugg's questionable health for a pass rush threat, than losing Lewis & Birk (both about washed up), even Reed (approaching the end).
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I think it will be tough but feel as though we're built for a decent run... Finishing up in the 9-11 win range every season will get you a chance to go to the post season, where we all know what can happen !!!! Tough, but possible

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    It will be very challenging to repeat. I am more concerned about losing Kruger and relying on Sugg's questionable health for a pass rush threat, than losing Lewis & Birk (both about washed up), even Reed (approaching the end).
    Losing Kruger is going to hurt, no doubt. But I think Upshaw is ready to take that next step. I fear losing the leadership in guys like Lewis, Birk and Reed, is going to be huge. But we'll see. It will be interesting to see who steps into those leader roles.

Honestly I think we are going to be in great shape for another championship run. If Oz can work his magic in the draft and pick up a couple of veteran FA's we are going to be serious contenders.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Well, considering Flacco's playoff Td/INT ratio is 18-2 in the past 3 years, with two dropped game-winning touchdowns, if the Ravens make it to the playoffs they have a better shot than any other team of winning the Super Bowl.

Blog Entries

Chances of a repeat?

Slim. Very slim.

Not because I think the team won't be good, but because winning the SB (in general) is extremely difficult.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Low enough that I won't be all that mad if we don't win it.

I'd say the chances of making the playoffs again is 100%, barring major injuries. This team is continually poised to roll right now with the front office in cruise control in managing the draft and acquiring value FAs. Repeating as champs is very difficult, though, because anything can happen in the playoffs. But I feel certain we will make the playoffs again.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom View Post
    I'd say the chances of making the playoffs again is 100%, barring major injuries. This team is continually poised to roll right now with the front office in cruise control in managing the draft and acquiring value FAs. Repeating as champs is very difficult, though, because anything can happen in the playoffs. But I feel certain we will make the playoffs again.
    I would say we have as good a shot as our division rivals of winning the division. After that, any team needs to be healthy and hot. It's a crapshoot.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

iggyman555 Guest

1/32 = 3.125%

I'd say 10-12%. Number will change as we see how things go in the offseason. But at a minimum we'll be going into next season with a top QB, a top RB, a strong passing attack, some solid players on the defensive line, and three or more elite defensive players when healthy: Ngata, Suggs, and Webb. Few other teams can say much better.

It is possible, but it will be tough to repeat.