Blog Entries

Good article about Flacco from Prisco

As if it wasn't well documented, just more confirmation of the horrible officiating.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Re: Good article about Flacco from Prisco

A question and a comment:

Who hacked into Prisco's CBS account?

And several of those pictures where he claims player X is "wide open", there is a Ravens defender standing in the passing lane. Yes, could Kaepernick loft a pass over him to the receiver that is not covered man-to-man? Sure, but lofting passes into the endzone can be risky, too.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    A question and a comment:

Who hacked into Prisco's CBS account?

And several of those pictures where he claims player X is "wide open", there is a Ravens defender standing in the passing lane. Yes, could Kaepernick loft a pass over him to the receiver that is not covered man-to-man? Sure, but lofting passes into the endzone can be risky, too.
    Prisco is a good writer, but he can't break down film to save his life. His markups are bad, and just as you say in the diagram of the 49ers 2nd and 3rd down passes neither of the people he said were open, were actually open.

I have to re-watch it in real time but a lot of people are saying Bruce Miller was held on the KR TD, but all I see is a guy getting double-teamed. Nobody is going to call holding when the guy is locked up pad to pad like that. If there was obvious yanking of the jersey or grabbing from an awkward position maybe, but that doesn't look to be happening there.

And last but not least, although I agree that the no-call on Flacco getting hit out of bounds was a miss by the officials, the coverage on Pitta was totally legal. He got jammed in the end zone, but it was within 5 yards of the LOS, which is legal--and in addition, Flacco left the pocket pretty quickly and there is no defensive holding or illegal contact downfield when the quarterback is scrambling outside the pocket. So he had that one wrong on both counts.

Bet Niners fans aren't whining about this one.

Prisco shit on the Ravens all season.

I did like this paragraph though:

So, you see, Flacco did a lot of the things that elite quarterbacks need to do. And that's without focusing on his powerful arm, which we all know he has. That's the difference in this Flacco from years past. He does all the little things the great ones do. He's not just the guy who can stick any throw. His mind has caught up to his arm.

8. Re: Good article about Flacco from Prisco

Prisco and "good article" in the same sentence is a new phenomena to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyboy8152 View Post
    Prisco and "good article" in the same sentence is a new phenomena to me.
    LOL, my exact thought when I read the thread title.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I did like this paragraph though:
    Music to my ears for sure otherwise nothing earth shattering in the article.

Blog Entries

I laughed about the easy 30 yard completion to Boldin that he talked about. What made it easy was that he saw it and didn't have to change the play. lol.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

"Climbing the pocket is something all good quarterbacks have to be able to do. When the pressure surrounds them, the easiest way to make big plays is to move up in the pocket and let that pressure go by."

Best comment in the article, and the difference in the pass protection since the line switch-up. It's not McKinnie (although that is an improvement at LT) as much as it is KO at LG. Osemele helps open up the middle of the pocket to allow Flacco to step into it. Jah Reid hasn't shown the ability to create that kind of pocket.