Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Apparently shocking incident in the sections near Gate A

See below from a post on FB from fans that were there today. Curious if anyone was in the sections near Gate A and experienced anything similar? Very sad if true. We got their early and had a great experience up in Club section 201

Leah RunaldueWMAR-TV - abc2news.com

Dear Channel 2, MY 7&12 YEAR OLD DAUGHTERS AND I WERE AT THE STADIUM TODAY IN SECTION 119-121. WE HAD BEEN THERE SINCE 9:30AM. THEY HAVE NEVER BEEN TO THE STADIUM UNTIL TODAY. ALL THEY WANTED TO SEE WAS THEIR RAVENS IN PERSON FOR THE FIRST TIME. INSTEAD A MOB OF PEOPLE BUM RUSHED OUR SECTION KICKING ABOUT 40 OF US OUT OF SEATS. WE WERE THREATENED WITH OUR LIVES; THEY SAID IF WE DIDN'T MOVE THEY WERE GOING TO STAB US. WE CRIED FOR HELP AND THE STATE POLICE AND CITY POLICE SAW US BUT COULDN'T HELP B/C THEY COULDN'T GET THROUGH THE CROWD OF PEOPLE. MY KIDS WERE SO SCARED AND UPSET CRYING. WE ARE TRUE BALTIMORE RAVENS FANS. We are home safe and sound thank God but unfortunately my kids are still completely upset over this whole thing. My 7 year old daughter Lexi on the way home said,"mommy you know what I'm mad about the most?" I said what honey? Lexi said," we waited all that time to see the Ravens in person and as soon as it was about to happen we had to leave because we were getting trampled on!!!" She is 7 years old!!!!!

Re: Apparently shocking incident in the sections near Gate A

Tough crowd. Sad if true.

Re: Apparently shocking incident in the sections near Gate C

Sorry, meant Gate C

Very sad if true.

Between the looting and reports of violence, its definitely a black mark on the city and Ravens fans.

Blog Entries

I saw pictures somewhere (on here?) of people who attempted to climb the gates after they were shut...

It's these moments where I'm NOT proud of Baltimore. As I commented on that FB post...My common sense thinking was "If you setup on the parade, you are basically skip the stadium. If you setup at the stadium, you skip the parade" I'm sure there were cases where people got into neither, but...the feeling I got was people broke the barriers during the parade, followed the team, and then RUSHED the stadium. People were still trying to get in at noon, 2 hours after gates had opened.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I didn't go, but I've been hearing stories like this from all of my friends who went and took their kids. The city was in no way prepared for this event. This is Baltimore, where neighborhoods that look like Baghdad are just a few blocks from tourists destinations. Our mayor is only good for photo ops. She spent Sunday night in New Orleans partying instead of minding a city that was going to have it's hands full that night. They didn't have nearly enough police to handle the event. Sadly, two people died in a stabbing incident. I doubt the Ravens will ever do this again if they win the big one. These were not overly enthusiastic fans. They were thugs, and unfortunately they are over half of the city's population.

Blog Entries

There must have been dozens (if not hundreds) of people who were taking video clips of the crowds inside the Vault--I wonder what would happen if the police got a fix on the approximate time & then made a public appeal for anyone with video from inside at the approximate time to send it in... Not sure how much good that would do but who knows...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    I didn't go, but I've been hearing stories like this from all of my friends who went and took their kids. The city was in no way prepared for this event. This is Baltimore, where neighborhoods that look like Baghdad are just a few blocks from tourists destinations. Our mayor is only good for photo ops. She spent Sunday night in New Orleans partying instead of minding a city that was going to have it's hands full that night. They didn't have nearly enough police to handle the event. Sadly, two people died in a stabbing incident. I doubt the Ravens will ever do this again if they win the big one. These were not overly enthusiastic fans. They were thugs, and unfortunately they are over half of the city's population.
    Let me be clear...I was in Section 107 with my 5 year old son, had nary a problem there.

But, I heard about the other issues, and I do not doubt them. I don't think it was ALL over the stadium, but it seems like some assholes got in there and got away with shit.

Next time, can we have a pop quiz for entry? You have to prove 5 facts about the regular season to gain admittance? LOL.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Small correction, only one person died.

Every city has its idiots and plenty of them. Baltimore is no exception. There are people who will use situations to their advantage to steal, act violent and other nefarious activities. Its a universal truth. In this respect we are no better or worse than any other city or country. People are predictable and predators are even more predictable. That said you cannot allow that element to prevent people from celebrating or having some fun. These times in our lives were we can celebrate, lose our worries a little bit and just feel happy in general come far to apart to let predators ruin them for us. Feel bad that the family in the OP had their celebration ruined. I just hope it does not deter them from trying to enjoy themselves next time
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    There must have been dozens (if not hundreds) of people who were taking video clips of the crowds inside the Vault--I wonder what would happen if the police got a fix on the approximate time & then made a public appeal for anyone with video from inside at the approximate time to send it in... Not sure how much good that would do but who knows...
    As long as nobody was seriously injured then the police would just say thanks, but we don't have time. I used to live in a building downtown that had a secure garage for residents. One night a couple of guys snuck in under the gate and broke into my car as well as numerous others. There were cameras all over the garage and these guys had their faces visible. The police gave everyone a case number to report it for insurance purposes, and that was it. Baltimore has lacked real leadership since Willy Don was mayor. Nothing will ever change here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Very sad if true.

Between the looting and reports of violence, its definitely a black mark on the city and Ravens fans.
    Um, looting?!?!? Nothing on the Sun site about any looting. Link?

FTR the violence appears to have had nothing to do with the parade--personal dispute a few blocks away from the parade route.