Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: "Seven Nation" chant & Ravens: is this our intangible "cheesehead", our "terrible towel"?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Hahaha, yes, that's what I meant! What a ridiculous/awesome typo that was ...

Re: "Seven Nation" chant & Ravens: is this our intangible "cheesehead", our "terrible towel"?

Cleveland Rocks is a great song, and makes perfect sense for Cleveland to use as an anthem.

I'm all for the 7NA chant being our thing. Don't really care if we were "first" with it, or whether it's used in soccer or at some college games. Hearing that chant rain down in the second half in New England, and hearing it loud and clear during the Superdome blackout... it was thrilling, a way to know just how well the Ravens were traveling this postseason. Those were national games, and in the minds of casual observers that song is now branded to the Ravens. Who cares if other teams play the song in their stadium? I hear Welcome to the Jungle all over the place, but I still associate it with the Bengals. 7NA travels a lot better too.

I don't think this one's going to fade away any time soon.

Great article: http://deadspin.com/5921772/how-seve...e-sports-world

i say we embrace it for at least another year or two.

It was EVERYWHERE down in NOLA --- great to hear our team chant in the streets and at the game !

i also would like to see the LETS GO FLACCO chant return

How about "Ravens Will Soar"? Anybody?

What's worse for Miami Marlins fans than having to endure numerous team fire sales by ownership? Why, that would be having to listen to the dude from Creed offer up a song for the team as a "gift"....

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    btw...They were playing that when we scored in the Superdome, half the stadium singing along then the loud "FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT" was awsome.
    I was at the Super Bowl and sitting with lots of San Fran fans. When the Ravens Fight song was played and fight fight fight was yelled, it was louder than I have ever heard at M&T! The folks around me were surprised that we had a football team song to sing along with!

Blog Entries

In my country we have a sport called darts ; ) it is becoming more and more popular.

On of the up and coming players is michael van gerwen from holland, who seemingly has become a fan favourite for not only being amazing at throwing darts and being a thoroughly nice bloke but because he has the 7NA chant that fits with his name and has become his theme tune.

OOOOO, ooo, OO, oo, oo, ooooo, oooooo...
    MIGH-ty MICH-ael van gerwen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUT2a...e_gdata_player

I think that it is ours now, and we should take it. Lets not worry about the fact that its been around for years. The O sound is an all encompassing Baltimore sound. We have the Os, and its the sound that we are most known for in our dialect. As in, "Im goin downee OOcean(phonetically almost A- shun.) So i think we should embrace it, and make it even better. We need everyone doing it, and for a long time. Not just half the ppl, and then it fades out after 3 versus. If the whole entire crowd at MandT bust that out for like 10 minutes at our Thursday Opener, that would be amazing, and quite a treat to hear over the telecast.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loco Ravens Fan View Post
    I was at the Super Bowl and sitting with lots of San Fran fans. When the Ravens Fight song was played and fight fight fight was yelled, it was louder than I have ever heard at M&T! The folks around me were surprised that we had a football team song to sing along with!
    Yeah, I had 2 sitting next to me, the rest were all Ravens fans around. Indeed they were suprised!
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Been lurking here since 08 and just made an account to chime in here.

I'm kinda blown by all the people saying we should retire the chant. Why would we ever? You're gonna sit there and tell me you DIDN'T get chills hearing the 7NA chant over the TV in foxborough, and then New Orleans? Yea maybe we didn't invent the shit and yea maybe it's annoying but it's just one of those things that caught on and we've run with it. These things kinda catch on organically, doesn't matter what it is really as long as it sticks. How many Packers fans are actually that excited about cheese? How many Steelers fans are actually that hyped about those stupid yellow towels? They're not, it's just something that caught on with those teams and those fans so they roll with it.

Me, I don't even like purple. Hate it. I ESPECIALLY don't like purple camo. But every Friday and every game day you better believe I'm getting decked out in an absurd amount of it. Those are our colors. Just kinda happened that way. Same as the 7NA chant. It started, caught on, and now we're runnin with it. To try to "retire" it in favor of something else A) wouldn't work and B) just wouldn't be the same. We've got something that the whole community can get in on and lets other teams and fans know just how well ravens fans travel. We're keepin it.

First post is a doublepost...off to a good start!
    Last edited by Empiresteve; 02-10-2013 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Noob

We really got under the SF49ers fans skin with that chant at NOLA. A couple was pointing out that their fans suck because they can't do something like that. The guy sitting next to me was annoyed at his fans because it was not until the late 3rd quarter that they even thought of cheering.

It's getting a bit annoying and old... but it is a constant, loud and synchronized chant for intimidation factor, and for all intensive purposes in the NFL is attached to our team. As much as you might not like it, I'd be willing to bet it gave you goosebumps hearing it throughout the playoffs after a major play.

Unless something new can be started that is as effective, it should stay. Something like 'What's our name, Ravens' doesn't seem to me like it would have that same impact.

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessVictory View Post
    As much as you might not like it, I'd be willing to bet it gave you goosebumps hearing it throughout the playoffs after a major play.
    It gave me goosebumps when we were waiting in long security lines in tunnels/garages around and underneath the Super Dome.