Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Ozzie lists top needs for next year

Looks like he'll be drafting a pass rusher in first round. He said Ngata was hurt, that's
    when SF started moving on us and Cody and Kemo struggled in stuffing the run.

Plus Ray is gone and we could lose Ellerbe and McClellen- DAMN!

And he wants a backup to Pierce who missed practices and went out of games with
    injuries.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...b-54c45c73559d

Blog Entries
    What about Rainey? He could possibly beat out Allen for the third RB spot.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Ozzie lists top needs for next year

I am curious to see some more from Bobby Rainey myself.

He had some glimpses where he looked like a mini Rice.

Blog Entries
    Def some good rb options in this draft though.

A guy I like is Michael Dyer.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

From what I heard, it sounds more like he wants a ILB or a DT in the first round, and he said he's pretty happy with his corners and pass rushers.

On DT's/ILB's:
    “The middle of the defense,” he said. “We think we have to get better at defensive tackle. We know that one linebacker is retiring and another one is a free agent. We have a safety that is a free agent, and some young guys that have yet to step up. So, we would say the middle of the defense is probably the one area that we will concentrate on.”

On pass rushers/coverage guys:
    “We realize that pass rushers and guys that can cover, we felt pretty good about that,” he said. “We still would need an elite pass rusher to match the guys that we have. But when we talked through it, we felt very good about it. We have guys out on the edges that can cover, and cover with the best of them. We have guys that can set the edge and have some potential to rush the passer.”

Blog Entries

Cody is going to get a real wake up call from this draft.

Blog Entries

Is there a true #1 pick in this draft? Seems like a down year across the board.

We should have about 11 picks...I just don't see what we would do with all of those picks. No doubt we will makes some trades.

I hope we can bundle a few picks and get some solid players. It just doesn't seem like many superstars will emerge.

Absolutely must come out of this draft with linebackers and offensive linemen (both plural). Also need a safety.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

I don't see Ozzie's comments on the RBs as indicating he wanted to get deeper at that position, moreso just expressing how hard hit they were with injuries at RB. RB is probably the position I see as LEAST likely to be addressed in the draft. Rice and Pierce are here to stay, and Anthony Allen and Bobby Rainey are both good backups with special teams ability.

I'd be shocked not to see the team address NT, ILB, and FS. Ozzie said he wanted to get better at those spots and I think he meant it. I also have a sneaking suspicion that Ozzie and the coaching staff aren't that afraid of Oher at LT next year at all... as awful as we all think that is, we know the OL will be strong on the interior, Jah Reid was drafted to play RT, and they're still head over heels in love with Blindside Mike. I wouldn't be shocked to see the OL ignored outside of depth/developmental guys, IMO.

I'd be less surprised to see us take a QB to compete with Taylor than I would be to see us take a RB.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

sounds like he is saying we need help in the front 7 of the D (which we all know) but if BPA is on offense, we'll take him anyway. Not exactly giving away state secrets

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I don't see Ozzie's comments on the RBs as indicating he wanted to get deeper at that position, moreso just expressing how hard hit they were with injuries at RB. RB is probably the position I see as LEAST likely to be addressed in the draft. Rice and Pierce are here to stay, and Anthony Allen and Bobby Rainey are both good backups with special teams ability.

I'd be shocked not to see the team address NT, ILB, and FS. Ozzie said he wanted to get better at those spots and I think he meant it. I also have a sneaking suspicion that Ozzie and the coaching staff aren't that afraid of Oher at LT next year at all...
    That could very well be the case and that scares the shit out of me because we'll start losing again
    just like we did in Piss, DC and Denver in the regular season. We started winning when Caldwell came
    in and made changes to CAMs system and moved Oher over to RT an KO to LG and he inserted Mc Kinney at
    LT. We actually had two LTs on the left side of the line and they demolished their side of the d-line.

Ozzie has always been obsessed with Oher and took him when Joe needed weapons so just watch him move Oher back over and it will be another 12 years before we win the SB again playng guys out of position.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 02-10-2013 at 05:17 PM.