Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cam Cameron LSU

Blog Entries

Re: Cam Cameron LSU

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That's Kevin Minter. Very good college player but I don't like him for the Ravens in round 1. He's a smaller linebacker but he's not in the same league as Bobby Wagner or Mychal Kendricks who both went in round 2 last year. If the Ravens are going to take a LSU player in round 1 the guy I like is Bennie Logan. Logan is a 4-3 undertackle or a 3-4 DE. Logan is the guy who makes it possible for Minter to make all those tackles. He'll probably be gone by the time we pick but I would be interested if he's still around at 32.
    I know that you know a lot about LSU, being a big fan and all, but I don't see a small undersized LB. 6'1 may not be very tall, but LBs don't need height, and he has a very large frame at 245 lbs for that height. Ray Lewis was always pretty much that size, in fact it took him a few seasons to get to 245-250, and he was 6'0 coming out of college and grew about an inch over the course of his career. To me, he compares more to the likes of a Demeco Ryans type LB rather than a Bobby Wagner.

@32 if Minter is on the board, there may not be better options. Trading down into the second and hoping he is still around may be the way to go.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    I think Cam could be a good college coordinator and it suits his skills and personality. Cam does a good job teaching the basics, at the NFL level I think the biggest problem he has is surrendering control once a QB has outgrown needing him to hold their hand. This is alleviated at the college level as guys move on.

Either way I wish him luck. I wanted Cam gone after for a while but I also think he was the right guy at the right time for Flacco when he first was drafted. He handled a difficult situation with complete class and professionalism. I respect that
    Yes, CAM was the guy who told DeCostas to get Flacco to begin with after he worked him out at Delaware.

DeCosta told us at Nest 1, I'm not sure we would have drafted Matt Ryan even if he was there because of all
    the work my staff did on Flacco.

BINGO!

And now we see why. Joe is the SB champ while Ryan still chokes in the play offs.

But CAM got him there til Caldwell took over and changed the o-line. Those were the keys.

Everyone see the news that on March 13 Adam Jones (of the Orioles, not to be confused with Adam Jones of the Bengals) bought Cam Cameron's old house off of Falls Road? I guess it's official, Cam's not coming back -- and Jonesy is staying.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Everyone see the news that on March 13 Adam Jones (of the Orioles, not to be confused with Adam Jones of the Bengals) bought Cam Cameron's old house off of Falls Road? I guess it's official, Cam's not coming back -- and Jonesy is staying.
    "na na na na, na na na na, Hey Hey Hey, Good Bye"

Blog Entries

I'm excited to have Cam at LSU. He brings a lot to an offense that desperately needs it. The offense that he runs will work well on the college level. Very good for the Ravens and LSU