Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cam Cameron LSU

Re: Cam Cameron LSU

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That's Kevin Minter. Very good college player but I don't like him for the Ravens in round 1. He's a smaller linebacker but he's not in the same league as Bobby Wagner or Mychal Kendricks who both went in round 2 last year. If the Ravens are going to take a LSU player in round 1 the guy I like is Bennie Logan. Logan is a 4-3 undertackle or a 3-4 DE. Logan is the guy who makes it possible for Minter to make all those tackles. He'll probably be gone by the time we pick but I would be interested if he's still around at 32.
    Thanks GOTA

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    It depends which Cam shows up. The ultra conservative Cam that pounds the ball all day and goes off PA, and does what he did with Flacco in 08 and 09, then yeah its the right fit. However, even at the college level, if its the Cam that asks his QB to make 40-50 throws a game with mega simplistic designed plays/routes, etc then its still a bad fit. LSU haven't exactly been renowned for producing/recruiting any great QBs of late either.
    Cam did a good job in '08 and '09 with the inexperienced Flacco at the helm. He also took a lot of heat for it from some fans who thought he was "too conservative," but he used the weapons he had quite well. The '10 season should have put that to rest, as the apparent deficiencies in personnel when it came to running an aggressive, downfield passing attack became obvious. It didn't, however.

But when he got better tools to run the Coryell, he didn't do a good job adapting to those tools. The addition of Smith and Jones gave Cameron the deep threats he needed, but he didn't look to move the chains enough. He didn't look to consistently gain positive yards on first and second down. He was too quick to rely on the pass when things weren't going quite as planned.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That's Kevin Minter. Very good college player but I don't like him for the Ravens in round 1. He's a smaller linebacker but he's not in the same league as Bobby Wagner or Mychal Kendricks who both went in round 2 last year. If the Ravens are going to take a LSU player in round 1 the guy I like is Bennie Logan. Logan is a 4-3 undertackle or a 3-4 DE. Logan is the guy who makes it possible for Minter to make all those tackles. He'll probably be gone by the time we pick but I would be interested if he's still around at 32.
    Is that Mike Minter's son?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Cameron to LSU appears to be official:

Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS
    Cam Cameron is LSU's new OC, a source just confirmed to CBS. Cameron and Miles have been tight for years.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

FWIW, on Kevin Minter, since he's been discussed in this thread, I just saw these Tweets:

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks
    RT @matt_miz: very good fit for Ravens, no? > When I scouted there, we focused on speed, toughness and instincts. Minter checks all 3 boxes

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks
    I've see all I need to see from Kevin Minter…Instincts, burst, explosive striker, sorts through the trash, great effort. I'm in. #Draft
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Cameron to LSU appears to be official:
    Good for him.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Good Luck Cam!

I'll be paying a little more attention to LSU games next year.

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolinPBP
    RT @BFeldmanCBS: Cam Cameron is LSU's new OC, a source just confirmed to CBS. Cameron and Miles have been tight for years.
    Retweeted by Baltimore Ravens
    Expand

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Ben Volin ‏@BenVolinPBP
    RT @BFeldmanCBS: Cam Cameron is LSU's new OC, a source just confirmed to CBS. Cameron and Miles have been tight for years.
    Retweeted by Baltimore Ravens
    Expand
    Didn't realize they had been friends for years and coached together at Michigan. There's usually a past history on these type of hires

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I wish him well. Exceept against Texas A&M. (And UT and PSU, if he faces them.)

Blog Entries

Good for Cam. He deserves it You can't keep a good man down. It was still his system that won the SB with a few wrinkles added on by Jim and he'll get a ring to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Good for Cam. He deserves it You can't keep a good man down. It was still his system that won the SB with a few wrinkles added on by Jim and he'll get a ring to boot.
    I think Cam could be a good college coordinator and it suits his skills and personality. Cam does a good job teaching the basics, at the NFL level I think the biggest problem he has is surrendering control once a QB has outgrown needing him to hold their hand. This is alleviated at the college level as guys move on.

Either way I wish him luck. I wanted Cam gone after for a while but I also think he was the right guy at the right time for Flacco when he first was drafted. He handled a difficult situation with complete class and professionalism. I respect that
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis