Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Blog Entries

Re: Which was the best, the 2000 or the 2012 SB run?

Most impressive run? 2000
    Most Exciting run? 2012
    Who would win in a game? 2000

2000 was more impressive. Anytime you can have a team where their offense barely existed, but didn't even need to in order to guarantee victory. Man, watching teams try to score on this defense after it even got a 3 point lead was like watching some guy dressed up as Bruce Lee screaming and trying to kick through a brick wall. Being that I was so young at the time, I was nervous. However, had I watched that run at the age I'm at now, I might not have even broke a sweat once we got the lead in Tennessee.

This one was more exciting and improbable. Double overtime, on the road against Denver led by the QB they'd never beat in the playoffs. A return trip to the place where hearts were broken last year. The Harbowl.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

A healthy 2012 team, without Cameron, was an awesome sight to behold. OL was tweaked and voilà, we're an NFL champ. Thank Ozzie for gathering the 3 amigos ... Jones, Leach & Pollard. Actually each 2012 playoff game had the potential for a Ravens blowout. Broncos were in the game due to special teams; the "D" shut down Brady and some goofy sh*t had to happen for the 49ers game to be close. Once we "got past" the Broncos, who I thought were the best team in the playoffs, I felt we were unbeatable.

I agree with previous posters who have indicated that each title meant something different. 2000 brought back our pride as a football town, while 2012 was for the veterans possibly playing together for the last time. Maybe now I can stop hating Lee Evans.

Quote Originally Posted by rla20cpa View Post
    Maybe now I can stop hating Lee Evans.
    FUCK NO... He cost us ring #2 and this would have been #3. :D

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Most impressive run? 2000
    Most Exciting run? 2012
    Who would win in a game? 2000

I agree with this.

I'd add that I appreciate this one a lot more than 2000 due to going 12 years between them, and having multiple other teams that we thought had great chances to win it all continually coming up short.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I'll just add that I think many fans, myself included, appreciate this second championship more than the first one. In '00, I was very confident that they'd win it all by mid-late November.
    I feel the same way. Maybe because of '06, '08, and '11, we watched other teams snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. This year, we had to overcome so much to get back into the hunt. We went from arguably one of the best teams, to why were we bothering playing the final four games of the season. Then to we would be the team that loses to a rookie in the playoffs, to why bother showing up to this years Super Bowl MVP - Peyton Manning, to the best QB, to the new age QB that is going to eat us alive. Its been a special year and I don't think you can compare 2000 to 2012. But that is me.

Blog Entries

Even Ray said this SB was one of the most exciting and it was. So which ring does he wear, the first one or second one?
    Someone on the Squeelers said all his rings meant the same to him but it's like sex, you never forget the first time you
    do it.

7. Re: Which was the best, the 2000 or the 2012 SB run?

They were both incredibly special.

Because our guys won.