Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The Apology Thread.

1. To a small extent, Joe Flacco...I've always believed in him, but towards the end of the year, around the Denver game, I started saying that obviously 1) we were still going to bring Joe back and 2) we needed to start looking for competition for him. I was figuring he'd get an Alex Smith deal, 8-10 mil per year. In 1.5 months, he has gone from needing competition to elite, 10 mil per to 20+ mil per. As said by the team, he went to the "Eli Manning School of Disrespect)

2. B-Mac. We shit on you all year, well, some people on you, some people on John Harbaugh. Thank you for saving it up for the playoffs, and thank you for not taking the opportunity to throw the coaches under the bus getting there.

3. Cary Williams and Ed Reed. I'm going to put these two together because they were the ONLY Defensive Starters to play the whole 20 games. Ed, you seemed like a shell of your former self at times this regular season. But I realize now, you ARE a leader on this defense, a guy who's experience sets the tone with the younger skill guys. That and your enthusiasm during the whole Super Bowl week won me over. I really WANT the front office to find a way to keep you here. Cary, I kept laughing because you turned down that 3 yr, 15 mil contract in the offseason. You may have struggled at times, but you kept coming up with plays when we needed them. I don't see you coming back, because I think you've earned that bigger contract now.

4. Bernard Pierce - Back in TC, you missed a TON of time with injuries, and a lo of us were holding our heads saying "why did we draft this guy?" We see why now...Unsung hero of the playoffs? Definitely 1 or 2 there.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

The one guy I need to apologize to Dannell Ellerbe. After watching the Patriots exploit a fat Ellerbe in last years AFCCG I was done with him. His cap number was high because of the RFA tender and we needed the cap space. I didn't want to even give him a chance this season. Obviously Ellerbe took the offseason seriously. He came to camp in the best shape he's been in since his rookie year. He hit the film room as well and it all just clicked. Ellerbe finally became that player that many thought he could be.

Blog Entries

I apologize to John for thinking Jim would be the better coach. His players love him and love to play for him, but if shit goes sideways that ship is gonna down in FLAMES.

Blog Entries

I apologize to Joe Flacco, John Harbaugh and Ray Lewis in that order. When Ray went down, I actually thought we might be better off. Shame on me for doubting.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post

2. B-Mac. We shit on you all year, well, some people on you, some people on John Harbaugh. Thank you for saving it up for the playoffs, and thank you for not taking the opportunity to throw the coaches under the bus getting there.
    You gotta admit he did himself NO favors with his antics at the beginning of TC.

Re: i apologize for claiming romo over joe

At least your showing up for your plate of crow. Unlike some other posters who boldly claimed the Ravens would never win the Super Bowl with Harbs and Flacco.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    We should apologize to the defense, which was so maligned throughout this season. They really stepped up their game during the playoffs, pre-blackout.
    They played a bend-but-don't-break defense the entire season...and had one of the best red-zone defenses...in that regards, they really didn't elevate their play that much.

As was stated after the game: "It's never easy nor pretty."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantoom View Post
    This was a perfectly reasonable thing to say 6 weeks ago
    No, it was never a reasonable thing to say. Romo is a career choke artist who never shows up in big games. Flacco has always shown up for big games.

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple2127 View Post
    I'm sorry Ed Dickson for saying you can't catch...you did a fairly good job on the big stage. You still have the worst hands I've seen in my life...but you're a champ! lol
    The ol' backhanded compliment apology....ha

My apologies for saying Joe Flacco will never get to the Superbowl

Signed
    Lamarr Woodley

I remember the "I'd rather have Romo" posts.
    I recall shaking my head so violently for a minute there i thought i'd been transported to an alien planet.

I am glad you have returned to earth. ;)

Good on ya.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

I'd like to apologize to Matt Birk and the Offensive Line coaches.

I thought the main thing that was holding Flacco back (other than the playcalling) was our weakness at Center. The pocket was constantly collapsing as Joe dropped back. He was rarely able to step up, and when that rare opportunity presented himself he didn't do it probably because it startled him that the pocket was still there. I think it affected his mechanics. Also the pocket would shrink so much that Defenders could reach in and hit Joe or the ball fairly frequently.
    As the man at the top of the constantly moving backward pocket, I blamed Birk.

At the beginning of the year I posted "Who is going to be our starting tackle?" I knew it would be Matt Birk - i just didn't want it to be him.

I should have known better. The Offensive Line play is never about just one man - it's how the whole line plays together. The OL coaches finally found the right combination. With Ossemelee on one side and Yanda on the other, Mr. Birk stepped up and the OL solidified. That development made a direct correlation to the blossoming of Joe Flacco and the success of our playoff run.

Hats off to you Matt Birk. I am so glad you are getting the Super Bowl Ring you so richly deserve at the end off your HOF career.

humbly,
    -rfd
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!