Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: The Apology Thread.

Never again will I refer to our coach as JV John.

I was wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. I couldn't be happier about it.

I apologize to the entire team for predicting 8-8. And I apologize to Ray Lewis for all the trash I talked last week.

I wonder if some of us will take back our apologies if God forbid we struggle next year. Especially John and Joe. Do they get a free pass at least for next year:)

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I wonder if some of us will take back our apologies if God forbid we struggle next year. Especially John and Joe. Do they get a free pass at least for next year:)
    Sure, right up to the first loss lol!
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    You win a SB, yes...some say up to five years...I will go 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    Sure, right up to the first loss lol!
    Exactly what I was thinking actually LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    You win a SB, yes...some say up to five years...I will go 3 years.
    3 years is quite generous with this fanbase:)

Well, for those of you who read my stuff on here, you know I'm a pretty supportive guy of our players.

Right now, Tandon Doss and Ed Dickson are the two guys I'm defending despite a lack of popularity in doing so.

But here is a list of all the members of the 2012/13 squad that I have heard raked over the coals here:

1) Joe Flacco- "He's not a franchise quarterback" "He has no pocket awareness" "He looks like a deer in the headlights" "The Ravens need to look for his replacement in the offseason" "Give Tyrod Taylor a start to shake things up" (was actually said) "What would it cost to bring in Alex Smith to replace him?"

2) Anquan Boldin- "he's too slow to contribute as a WR anymore" "He's washed up" "He has bad hands"
    (I don't think the put-downs on Boldin were that bad overall, most of us supported him, but there were 4-5
    people who kept saying these things after he had a bad game)

3) Ed Dickson- enough said on him

4) Michael Oher- "trade him before the rest of the league finds out that he sucks" "Dumbest guy in the league" "never learns from his mistakes" "He's gonna get Joe carried off in a stretcher some day"

5) Bryant McKinnie- "Lazy" "Fat Toad" "Worst teammate in the league" "Doesn't deserve the honor of wearing our jersey"

6) Matt Birk- nothing major, but there were a few mild statements that he was washed up and "getting eaten alive" by larger DTs.

7) David Reed- This is one who hadn't been mentioned. This guy was universally slammed to a level likely matched by only McKinnie. Some comments that come to mind are "worthless" "cut him as he is getting on the plane and make him find his own way back to Baltimore" (actually said after the Seattle game) "No chance of ever seeing the field again for the Ravens". He wasn't a major cog in our success, but once he got back healthy this year, he did some nice things for us as our gunner.

8) Terrence Cody- Pretty much all the same names as McKinnie, except with a little less vitrol because I don't think he was viewed as a partying quitter like McKinnie. Of all the people on the people on this list, he is the one who I will admit to not having a leg to stand on defense-wise. He's a bad player, and seems to not show any signs of getting better. I can't think of one significantly positive thing he did for us in 16 games this year. IMO, we won a title in spite of him, not in any way thanks to him. No apology needed here.

9) Paul Kruger. Didn't hear much criticism of him this year, but I've heard him referred to as a "bust" hundreds of times over his first two years, particularly that rookie season when he was inactive a lot in favor of more experienced guys like Barnes, Pryce, Suggs, JJ, etc

10) Ellerbe - I heard a ton of people saying he was lazy, undisciplined, and had no value to us anymore. I heard a lot of "cut him" after his end zone fiasco in the preseason last year. We also heard a lot of people saying he wasn't worth the 2nd round tender that the Ravens game him last offseason, saying that he didn't have the motivation to make a legitimate contribution.

11) Considine- "Only reason he is still on a NFL roster is because he's one of Harbaugh's guy". Well, Harbaugh's guy, along with Anthony Allen, delivered one of the biggest blocks in Ravens history in springing Jones for the KO return TD. Without that block, we might not have a 2nd Lombardi in our trophy case.

12) Jimmy Smith- people have blasted him because he can't stay healthy, and when he is, he has been highly inconsistent. Yet, in the clutch, he made some key plays. I remember that sensational INT against Brady last year in the AFCCG. Brady was going for the knockout punch to eliminate us from that game, and Smith's ridiculous athleticism prevented it and kept hope alive for a win. He made a great tackle on Holliday late in the OT period of the Denver game, forcing them to start their drive deep into Denver territory. That field position ultimately mattered when Manning's INT took place in DEN territory and we only needed 15 yards or so to get it into Tucker range.

13) Cary Williams- The names he was called after the Eagles/Patriots game were a bit embarrassing to be frank. A lot of people were slamming him as an idiot for not taking the contract extension, saying he'd never see anywhere near that type of money again. I heard a reference to him as the "2012 DeRon Jenkins" . The very next week he returned an INT for a TD and played pretty well over the final 2/3rds of the season.

I was particularly irritated by some of the comment directed at Cary, because he was a player who was cut by a pretty mediocre Titans team in 2009 because they saw no value in him. By 2011, less than two seasons later, he was starting every game for the AFC runner up. By the end of 2012, he was playing the best CB on our team. This guy went from practice squad to cut to starter on a Super Bowl team in a remarkably short span of time. You don't make that type of progress without working your tail off. Cary Williams and Ed Reed started all 38 of our games over the past two seasons. Last year, when we faced simultaneous injuries to Smith/Foxworth/Chris Carr early in the season, we leaned on Williams. This year, we had Webb and Smith out for a long stretch of time, and it was again Cary Williams who stepped up his play along with Graham.

Williams won't go down in Baltimore football history as a big hero, but he should. His remarkable progress from waiver wire pickup to solid, durable starter should always be remembered as a key component of our success this year.

I would like to apologize to John Harbaugh as well. I've always liked you as our coach, John. I've always felt you were a great leader and a great listener. Yet, I apologize because I felt at times that you didn't have enough xs and os savvy to take a team all the way to the promised land. I was wrong. You were the perfect fit for our organization and I couldn't be prouder to have you lead our troops for years to come.

I'm going to apologize to Jim Caldwell in advance. Because while I know he's better than Cameron, I have some doubts about his ability to call 4 full quarters of top level football. (So when I blast him next year, then the Ravens repeat as Super Bowl champs, I'll already have my apology in the books.)

;)

(And how about all those people who were blasting Bruce Ariens "because so many Steeler fans didn't like him"? And ranted on and on about how it was stupid to suggest that he be the OC to replace Cameron? Eh? He had a great year with the Colts, and it earned him a HC spot immediately. Anyone going to man up for that?)

I'd like to apologize to Andy Moeller on behalf of the folks here who mocked his disease and are now silent after a superb post season offensive line performance.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I'd like to apologize to Andy Moeller on behalf of the folks here who mocked his disease and are now silent after a superb post season offensive line performance.
    Andy Moeller has a disease?