Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The difference between Raven's Fans and 49ers Fans

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    It's not the nudity or the NSFW aspects that bother me here. It's the implicit mockery of gay people. Would we be laughing at similar pictures where the favored team had all white fans and the disfavored team was represented by people of color? Would that be funny? I don't mean to rain on this parade, but I just think that we as a society need to get beyond bashing people for being gay.
    :word

While we're at it, it's worth contemplating why so many adult males are nauseated/disturbed/angered by the sight of two reasonably good-looking men kissing passionately--but aroused when you replace them with two reasonably good-looking women. I don't think the same is generally true if you flipped all the genders at once (i.e., adult woman seeing 2 women vs 2 men kissing passionately)...?

Blog Entries

I dont see what the negative connotation is?

A girl flashing her tits to a woman vs a two guys making out. Like NC said you could make a case theyre implying the same. Its only offensive if you take it in a negative light. not seeing the joke in it, move on, nothing hateful intended here. Its not like its implying theyre bad in some way because theyre gay, just that they are.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I dont see what the negative connotation is?

A girl flashing her tits to a woman vs a two guys making out. Like NC said you could make a case theyre implying the same. Its only offensive if you take it in a negative light. not seeing the joke in it, move on, nothing hateful intended here. Its not like its implying theyre bad in some way because theyre gay, just that they are.
    Agreed. When the world is truly free from prejudice and bias, we will be able to poke fun, so to speak, at all our idiosyncrasies, diversities, etc.... and no one will take offense.... Of course, the way it's going, by then we will all be the same color, height and weight, etc.

i laughed. and then had some me time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Cincy Cat, I like you. All through the playoffs, you have been one good dude, but I think that the juxtaposition of these photos is intended to belittle gay people. If a man was kissing a woman in the second photo, we wouldn't find the comparison of these two photos particularly funny. (Never mind the fact that the Ravens fan in the first photo was pretty classless and the Niners fans in the second photo were doing nothing wrong.)

It's not the nudity or the NSFW aspects that bother me here. It's the implicit mockery of gay people. Would we be laughing at similar pictures where the favored team had all white fans and the disfavored team was represented by people of color? Would that be funny? I don't mean to rain on this parade, but I just think that we as a society need to get beyond bashing people for being gay.

I was blasted on these boards last week by ScallyWag, Houston Raven and others for pointing out in a tongue in cheek post that the accusations against Ray were much ado about nothing. I was told that my post was "not the level of discourse" that they aim for. We will see if they take the same stance here, though I won't hold my breath.
    The title is "The Difference Between..." the fanbases, not "Why Ravens Fans Are Better Than Niners Fans."

Given Culliver's comments, it's funny. I'm still wondering who Culliver thinks he plays for.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    The title is "The Difference Between..." the fanbases, not "Why Ravens Fans Are Better Than Niners Fans."

Given Culliver's comments, it's funny. I'm still wondering who Culliver thinks he plays for.
    That is the best point against my first point and I concede that if the context is look at the general difference (i.e. we are trashy, they have gay fans), then I concede my first statement. If the context is, we are better, then my first comment holds. I am willing to accept that my assumption may have been incorrect.

Re: NSFW -- The difference between Raven's Fans and 49ers Fans

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    :grbac:

This thread is like school on a Saturday. No class.
    Don't be so uptight ... Enjoy the boobs like a red-blooded American man and laugh at the gay guys.

My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Don't be so uptight ... Enjoy the boobs like a red-blooded American man and laugh at the gay guys.

Yeah! What's wrong with everybody. What she said!

Blog Entries

I truly meant no offense. It was in my email this morning and made me chuckle. (after losing our only two Super Bowls to the 49ers in a heartbreaking fashion) Cincy fans generally will do anything to poke fun at the 49ers and Steelers. It's a Bengals thing, I can't help it.

Mods: Please take this post down if you feel I have disrupted the forum. That was not my intention.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    I truly meant no offense. It was in my email this morning and made me chuckle. (after losing our only two Super Bowls to the 49ers in a heartbreaking fashion) Cincy fans generally will do anything to poke fun at the 49ers and Steelers. It's a Bengals thing, I can't help it.

Mods: Please take this post down if you feel I have disrupted the forum. That was not my intention.
    You should be ashamed of yourself.
    There's a lot of women and gay guys on here now.
    I'm just glad you changed your Avatar back from purple to orange before you posted such a heinous message.

btw: nice rack!
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post

Why so sensitive people? you CAN crack jokes on people without it being a hate crime. Fucking PC bullshit!

Someone actually tried to make this a gay rights debate? Christ, STFU and enjoy the tits.