Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Merril Hoge: "Flacco best QB in the NFL"

Blog Entries

Re: Merril Hoge: "Flacco best QB in the NFL"

That guy is such a tool

Blog Entries

That dude has no integrity.

this is a complete 180 turn from everything hes ever said about him.
    -JAB

I think Merrill has gone a little overboard. There was some truth to what he said (best deep ball thrower, shut up alot of critics) but the best QB today? No Way. Is he in the discussion for Top 5? Absolutely. Best QB in the moment? Probably Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post

Yeah, Hodge is a douche. Almost as much of a douche as Skip. Notice, he still has ben in the top 5... I guess Eli hasn't done anything...

Who do you guys have in your top 5?

I'm thinking (In no order): Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Flacco, Eli Manning

i saw him before the season started say that Flacco was the most underrated QB in the league. i almost choked on my breakfast considering his previous comments. maybe he really does feel this way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    Who do you guys have in your top 5?

I'm thinking (In no order): Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Flacco, Eli Manning
    In order:

1a: Rodgers
    1b: Flacco
    3: Brady
    4: Peyton
    5: Brees

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post

Well, Flacco did just have one of the best postseasons in NFL history, and made the 70 yard touchdown pass to Jones to win a game that was pretty much over.. That no other quarterback would've been able to make considering how he couldn't step into it.

Understandable for that to change his mind completely. I mean, Aaron Rodgers a few years ago would've made very few top 5 lists but after his amazing playoff run, immediately he became the beat quarterback. And his playoff run wasn't as good as Flacco's.

I can't put them in order... they each have certain strengths and styles that makes it impossible to rank them, unless you go purely by stats... Within a group, these guys are not in any order or greatness. What Joe did throughout this playoff run is nothing short of incredible, and will be at the top of the NFL History charts with other QB greats forever. In my opinion, during this postseason, Joe belongs in the Top Tier... Combined with his Regular season play, I think he straddles the two groups. If he continues with his playoff run success, he will no doubt, join the other greats in the HOF and be a Top tier QB. If he doesn't, and reverts to Average Joe, then he stays in the second second group... which are also great QBs, just not the best QBs. I will leave him in the second group for now, until he shows that he continues with his success...

Top Tier
    Brees
    Brady
    P.Manning
    Rodgers

Second Tier
    Flacco
    Rothlessburger
    Ryan
    E. Manning

I'm not going to name the 5 most successful QBs because we all know who they are. Instead, here are the guys I would want if I was building an expansion team and could pick anyone in the league to build a team around.

(In other words, here are my 5 guys who have the right combination of talent, youth, upside, and character to be cornerstones of a team for a decade. No Bradys or Peytons in this group.)

In no particular order:

Rodgers
    Flacco
    Kaepernick
    Luck
    Russell Wilson

Those five guys are, in my opinion, the most talented, likely to succeed QBs of the next decade.

They're all in their 20's. 3 have been to the SuperBowl with two of them winning it, and frankly all three of them having MVP type performances there.

One nice thing to consider for Ravens fans... Other than our boy, only one of them plays in the AFC. Joe has a very real chance of being considered the best QB in the AFC this time next season.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Yeah, Hoge is a C-suck.

This has all the signs of one of those "you heard it here first" moments talking heads like to proclaim.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt