Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: OT: Thoughts; Analysis on Ray Lewis

Some players (and fans - yes, I'm looking at you OP) take themselves too seriously. Or at least seem to. I'm an atheist. I could care less if Ray draws heavily on his faith. Hell John Harbaugh draws heavily on his faith. He's mentioned it several times. Hey, good for them. Doesn't do anything for me, but whatever. All I care about is are they good to/for the organization and the fans, and are they (as much as we can tell) decent people. Ray Lewis strikes me as a decent guy. Despite all the posturing for the cameras, both on and off the field, his teammates, those who know him best, revere him. Ray Rice and Terrell Suggs were damn near in tears when Lewis announced his impending retirement. That's good enough for me. Look, it's a media fueled business. Players all over the place are put on a pedestal. Sometimes you just gotta smile and shake your head, smile, and roll with it.

Oh, and as for your post in the other thread about enough being enough....hey dude, no one here is forcing you to click your mouse. You don't like it, don't read it. Simple as that.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BmoreBrawla View Post
    These evangelists of atheism hide their ideology worse than Ray Lewis :D

Good to see the OP get called out, OP you're not cute and you're not clever you're just a slave to your emotions. Its obvious that you hate Christians at an emotional level so much that you're willing to smear #52 with known falsehoods to make your point.
    Please identify "evangelists of atheism". I take exception to it. I believe all should be allowed to believe in what they like, so do not lump me in with Stalin for example, and I will not lump you or other Christians in with David Koresh and the Branch Davidians of Waco Texas.

Like it has been said, if you stick a camera in my face like they do Ray and I speak my mind on what I feel, how is that pushing my philosiphy or beliefs on you?

Blog Entries

According to other players Ray was crying during his speech to them before the game. There were no cameras there. He had no reason to pretend. Ray seems to be a passionate and emotional man.

NFL Network 2 years ago had a special on the Ray Lewis coaching tree. Not 1 coach had anything bad to say about him. That included Mike Singletary who is also one of the greatest ever to play at that same position. Those guys didn't have to show up and participate. Harbaugh was the only one with a current relationship with Ray. They did it because they loved and respected him. If this was all an act that never would have happened.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Please identify "evangelists of atheism". I take exception to it. I believe all should be allowed to believe in what they like, so do not lump me in with Stalin for example, and I will not lump you or other Christians in with David Koresh and the Branch Davidians of Waco Texas.

Like it has been said, if you stick a camera in my face like they do Ray and I speak my mind on what I feel, how is that pushing my philosiphy or beliefs on you?
    I think he was talking specifically about the OP. Settle down big fella :)

If I had a "pedestool," I'd put myself on it, too.

I've never thought Ray was a "God roots for the Ravens" guy, and I've always suspected the camera is drawn to him because he really *is* that dramatic. Like him or not I think he really does buy into the team/God/faith/destiny/Ray stuff. It's who he is, and I do not lightly say that he's larger than life.

But really, that's just my 2 cents, which surely is roughly as worthless as the OP's, which seemed pretty long-winded for a mild attack on Ray. So you think he's a bit of a self promoting phony? That's nice. You and 1,000,000,000 other people. It's not exactly novel.

*Yawn.*
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Thanks for the responses. I apologize for coming off a little to angry in my rant but most of you didn't seem to be to bothered by it. Anyway, I don't really feel like I want to respond to anything that was said, but I did read all of them and it made me think a little more about it.

I would have a problem if he didn't practice what he preached. Players all around the NFL, have the utmost respect for him, and a countless amount have been on record saying how much of a mentor he is. He may be evasive about the Atlanta questions, but as far as I'm concerned, he spoke on that subject the one time he needed to, in court. Ray is a legend who does a substantial amount of good in this world off the football field, no matter what you think about his personality.

Here's a little example on my attitude towards Ray's (or any players) over the top histrionics. In Animal House when Belushi gave his "German's bombed Pearl Harbor" speech, the one guys says to Otter, "The Germans?" to which Otter replies, "Let him go, he's on a roll."

That's my attitude towards Ray when he gets going. I just smile and let him go on his roll.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Don't lose sight of the fact that football is entertainment. Listen to all of the pundits, coaches and players with a grain of salt, all of them engage in disingenuous posturing just like politicians. Ego did not gain Ray media exposure, being a great football player has. That is something that is undeniable and indisputable. The public persona Ray has is a reflection of his beliefs of what a good football player/team mate/person is. Maybe that's different than yours and mine. Regardless of how we feel about that, we are certain he has been a great football player. In the end, that's all I ever wanted from him.

The murder discussion continuing is tired and redundant without any new information to consider. As it's been pointed out before, there is no statute of limitation on murder. I would suggest to his critics that certainty would involve a conviction and to do some detective work instead of exercising their jaws. Convicting someone publicly because you don't like them rather than factual support is uncivilized lynch mob mentality. Since his football accomplishments are undeniable, haters can only grasp at this straw in an attempt to discredit him.

There were a number of people in Atlanta that night and I suspect at some point in the future more information will come out. Until then, by continuing to keep this discussion alive (especially considering this is a Raven's fan forum) is feeding the fire of hate.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miz89 View Post
    I would have a problem if he didn't practice what he preached. Players all around the NFL, have the utmost respect for him, and a countless amount have been on record saying how much of a mentor he is. He may be evasive about the Atlanta questions, but as far as I'm concerned, he spoke on that subject the one time he needed to, in court. Ray is a legend who does a substantial amount of good in this world off the football field, no matter what you think about his personality.
    :word

Great post. I think you hit it perfectly

Blog Entries

Few men are as gifted at motivating other men, as Ray Lewis. I can't watch one of his speeches without wanting to run through a wall.

There are theatrics that go with it but he's special

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!