Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Re: OT: Thoughts; Analysis on Ray Lewis

Ray's always had an outsized ego and an eye out for the camera -- nothing new there. But for me the bottom line is that when he talked his teammates listened and would go to the edge of the earth for him, and when he was out there and healthy he produced right up to the end. NTM he genuinely seemed to care about the community and city and legitimately tried to make a positive difference in that aspect. I'd think that gives him some equity and lee way. Far as I'm concerned all the other stuff (the histrionics and the religion and kneeling, crying etc) was just background noise.

Maybe I'm making it too simple. But just my POV though.

I would say that you definitely make some valid points. Being an athiest myself, I find the god stuff a little much. Not just thanking him, but actually claiming that Ravens winning a game is part of his plan, essentially taking credit away from the players. But, i would also bet a majority of football players are christians. I also know that at the end of the day, almost everyone who KNOWS Ray, seems to have nothing but amazing things to say about him. And I know that if he came off as fake as he sometimes seems like he does to us, then he wouldnt have all those players behind him, looking up to him like that. Every once in a while you hear little whisperes about players not caring about Rays act, but 95 percent of the time, you see dudes eating that shit up, and saying nothing but amazing things about him. If he was fake, or only put it on for the cameras, youd hear a lot more about it coming out of the locker room, and from former players.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Ray Lewis didn't fucking make this about himself, I'm so fucking tired of hearing that BS. The MEDIA MADE IT ABOUT RAY LEWIS, NOT HIM. When Ray is asked a question he's going to answer it, and the whole team loves him, what are you going to do? Enough disrespecting someone who done so much for this team and organization, the man deserves to go out like a champ that he is, I'm tired of all the mindless hate about this guy, and all the false accusations.
    :word People can hate on Ray Lewis all they want, but I guarantee Ray has done more for the community and other people then his haters have.

Blog Entries

Ray Lewis didn't fucking make this about himself, I'm so fucking tired of hearing that BS. The MEDIA MADE IT ABOUT RAY LEWIS, NOT HIM. When Ray is asked a question he's going to answer it, and the whole team loves him, what are you going to do? Enough disrespecting someone who done so much for this team and organization, the man deserves to go out like a champ that he is, I'm tired of all the mindless hate about this guy, and all the false accusations.
    :word People can hate on Ray Lewis all they want, but I guarantee Ray has done more for the community and other people then his haters have.

These evangelists of atheism hide their ideology worse than Ray Lewis :D

Good to see the OP get called out, OP you're not cute and you're not clever you're just a slave to your emotions. Its obvious that you hate Christians at an emotional level so much that you're willing to smear #52 with known falsehoods to make your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I agree. It amazes me that people think Ray Lewis owes them an explanation for what happened 13 years ago. The bottom line is this...he only owed the court of law an explanation and he gave it. He owes NOTHING to the court of public opinion. Want the facts of the case? Search for them, they're out there. It's funny you didn't hear anything about this for the last 12-13 years but then Ray announces his retirement and all the hatemongers come out of the woodwork to re-hash his past. To them, it doesn't matter what he's done with his life since then, it doesn't matter how he has used his experiences to become a better person, it doesn't matter how he uses his life to transform others in a positive way, it doesn't matter the good he's done and leadership skills he's brought not only to his team but to the entire NFL...all they choose to focus on is one incident in his life that I'm sure was his darkest point in time. He resolved to become a better man for it and he did. Can we ask more of him than that? Absolutely not.

From this point forward, I will no longer read hate filled diatribes that spew nothing but ignorance. I'm done with giving the haters any of my energy. People will always believe what they want and they have chosen to believe the worst of Ray Lewis. Nothing will change that but it's no longer worthy of my time.
    Last edited by ThisGirlBleedsPurple; 02-07-2013 at 12:15 PM.

Blog Entries

The media are pissed because the most media hated QB in the league just won SB MVP, so they have to find a scapegoat, so now they will tear down the guy they hyped up so much in the play offs. Had the media made this more about Flacco, maybe they wouldn't have looked so bad. Have you noticed how quiet the websites are? How quiet the talking heads are? Greg Cossel absolutely owned one of the ESPN radios the other day with all this BS.

Ray's Faith is Real, Pure and unphony! You can tell that by what he espouses...what he says rings true - a phony would not be able to feel and say what Ray does. Be thankful Ray and this team is about faith, and leave that part of your thread alone!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Greg Cossel absolutely owned one of the ESPN radios the other day with all this BS.
    What did he say? I need to checkout his podcast about the Super Bowl? Do you have a link by chance?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    People who interpret him as believing God is on the Raven's side are misunderstanding him.

When he means is that God inspires him, and other on the team, not only in football, but in life.

Ray has always professed the idea that God doesn't set obstacles in front of you to fail, but rather to strengthen you when you overcome them. In the context of a football game, that belief can be the difference between folding when behind and fighting your way back.

And for the record, I think that he's not so much a self promoter, as he is aware of his status as a leader of men both on and off the field. Ray Rice considers him an older brother, not because he plays linebacker so well, but because he helped guide him through that awkward phase all men go through when they leave the adolescence of college behind and become men.

:word

I love how the OP says to look at this objectively, meaning, if you don't agree with me you must be looking through your purple colored glasses...

Blog Entries

There seems to be some other issues with the OPs opinion of Ray Lewis. I can stand back and say to some degree hes about himself. I dont think theres an argument that he likes the limelight and being seen as a leader by the public, vs Reed who is just as much a leader but doesnt. So yes the Media made this SB run about him, but he didnt shy away from it either.

I dont see the problem with the team rallying behind him. He has been a Leader whether thats infront of the media or not, he still has been and this team doesnt have to answer for that. As far as his religion, its a big factor in his life, and in reality a lot of this teams. I wouldnt define myself as christian but I certainly respect the team for praising God. Id ask if you have the same feelings about Ed Reed because although he doesnt talk to the media as much, he rarely doesnt praise God in a similar way. Seems the bigger issue with you is God and feel like hes using it to cover up what you feel happened in Atlanta despite records saying otherwise.

He constantly made it about him, whether it's falling down by himself near the cameras after games, or taking off his jersey and showing off the tank top with the lion on it. He puts himself up on a pedastool and I'm surprised not many of you were bothered by that. How many times is he going to do with squirrel dance? How many times is he going to spew some religious rhetoric that has no place in reality even among most christians. (I'm an atheist by the way).
    This entire section could be written verbatum by any Steeler troll. Im not sure any Raven fan has ever questioned Rays dance, and what it means for this team as well as its fans. If im not mistaken other players fell down or went down on one knee and took off their jerseys as well, even after a regular season games in some cases, so why single Ray out just because hes the draw and the cameras followed him?

anybody that starts off with "im not a ____, but...." is exactly what theyre saying they arent ive found.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    If im not mistaken other players fell down or went down on one knee and took off their jerseys as well, even after a regular season games in some cases, so why single Ray out just because hes the draw and the cameras followed him?
    Ray does what Ray has always done...it's just until he announced his retirement, he didn't have cameras panning on him watching his every move so people didn't see it. The general public thinks Ray has become some instant dramatic actor who begs for a camera shot. The truth is, Ray is an extremely passionate and faith driven man. He translates that passion and drive on the field and in his speeches. That is who Ray Lewis is and after 17 years, you would think his own fan base would know and recognize this.