Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: OT: Thoughts; Analysis on Ray Lewis

I would have a problem if he didn't practice what he preached. Players all around the NFL, have the utmost respect for him, and a countless amount have been on record saying how much of a mentor he is. He may be evasive about the Atlanta questions, but as far as I'm concerned, he spoke on that subject the one time he needed to, in court. Ray is a legend who does a substantial amount of good in this world off the football field, no matter what you think about his personality.

Here's a little example on my attitude towards Ray's (or any players) over the top histrionics. In Animal House when Belushi gave his "German's bombed Pearl Harbor" speech, the one guys says to Otter, "The Germans?" to which Otter replies, "Let him go, he's on a roll."

That's my attitude towards Ray when he gets going. I just smile and let him go on his roll.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Don't lose sight of the fact that football is entertainment. Listen to all of the pundits, coaches and players with a grain of salt, all of them engage in disingenuous posturing just like politicians. Ego did not gain Ray media exposure, being a great football player has. That is something that is undeniable and indisputable. The public persona Ray has is a reflection of his beliefs of what a good football player/team mate/person is. Maybe that's different than yours and mine. Regardless of how we feel about that, we are certain he has been a great football player. In the end, that's all I ever wanted from him.

The murder discussion continuing is tired and redundant without any new information to consider. As it's been pointed out before, there is no statute of limitation on murder. I would suggest to his critics that certainty would involve a conviction and to do some detective work instead of exercising their jaws. Convicting someone publicly because you don't like them rather than factual support is uncivilized lynch mob mentality. Since his football accomplishments are undeniable, haters can only grasp at this straw in an attempt to discredit him.

There were a number of people in Atlanta that night and I suspect at some point in the future more information will come out. Until then, by continuing to keep this discussion alive (especially considering this is a Raven's fan forum) is feeding the fire of hate.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miz89 View Post
    I would have a problem if he didn't practice what he preached. Players all around the NFL, have the utmost respect for him, and a countless amount have been on record saying how much of a mentor he is. He may be evasive about the Atlanta questions, but as far as I'm concerned, he spoke on that subject the one time he needed to, in court. Ray is a legend who does a substantial amount of good in this world off the football field, no matter what you think about his personality.

Great post. I think you hit it perfectly
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Blog Entries

Few men are as gifted at motivating other men, as Ray Lewis. I can't watch one of his speeches without wanting to run through a wall.

There are theatrics that go with it but he's special
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!