Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool The Jacoby Jones thread

He catches the Flacco bomb over Rahim Moore to send us to overtime in cold-ass Denver, he catches the heave from Flacco vs. the 49ers, rolls, gets up, spins & jukes his way to the wide side of the end zone and returns the 2nd half kickoff for the TD.

Oh yeah, and he had a pretty good season too.

MY GOD, let's talk Jacoby Jones!!!!!!!!!!

Re: The Jacoby Jones thread

Best return man in the game right now.

Blog Entries

I still don't think he can catch for a lick (uses his body not his hands)...but I'll be damned if he didn't come up huge this year.

Blog Entries

He seems like one of those guys that's really more a luxury for a run. I'd love to keep him around to stick it to Houston, but I think he's going to be too much to retain without contributing more as a WR.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Without Jacoby Jones, we are not
    champions.

Nuff said.

I love Jacoby too. As the OP said, he was integral in what are without question 2 of the 3 biggest plays of our season (F-bomb catch and 2nd half KO return). But I know most of you are lying if you don't (proverbially) pray that he isn't going to drop the damn ball on a given punt or kick return. I don't recall if he actually lost any of the balls on muffed catches, but I felt like he would muff a kick or punt at least once a game. Maybe its just me being overly critical or a strange sample bias of the ONLY punt returner in the NFL for whom I watched every single return attempt, but I must not be the only one whose stomach turns right before he catches it or when he is moving through traffic with that ball way out wide from his body.

Yeah, he still can't be relied on to just cleanly catch a punt time after time, but damned if he isn't super dangerous with the ball in his hands.

He could be essential in that with 4 and 5 wide formations he and smith can open up the middle for young slot receivers and we could live without boldin and save alot of cap space. New England has done well by letting guys go a year too early instead of a year too late. Something we could improve on some. Boldin and Reed are expensive and in positions where we are strong and have young talent with more on the way in the draft. The addition of Webb more than offsets the loss of Reed. Love them both but...

After seeing him on Kimmel I couldn't help but wonder what Texans fans were thinking after shoving him out the door and now seeing him play like this in the playoffs (along with former Texans Pollard and Leach for that matter). Here's a long thread on a Texans message board that starts by applauding his release (with a few "wish him wells" thrown in) ... and that ends with some rationalization about what could have been.

While on the topic of scooping up players the Texans give up on, keep an eye on Connor Barwin. If Paul Kruger gets a huge offer -- and you have to figure he's going to command a 5-year/$40million deal -- could Conner be a cheaper option? It's hard to say what his market value is because of consistency. He was hurt in 2010, had 11.5 sacks in 2011, and just 4.5 sacks this year. If that scares off teams who would rather give money to a player on the upswing, theoretically, like Kruger, then who knows.

That's probably not very sound analysis, but I have to like the idea of acquiring another jettisoned Texan. It's just one of those coincidences I like to ponder. Kind of like the Ravens being the fourth team in the last four years to win the Super Bowl after playing in the Eagles' home opener (Saints, Packers, Giants, Ravens).

Blog Entries

I already apologized to the man. What more do you want? lol.

I think a Texans poster said it best, that Flacco made catching easier for him, because those bombs came down like punts.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Anyone notice that on the Prayer In Thin Air catch Jacoby made in Denver he doesn't catch the ball with his hands? He lets it bounce off his pads and then it drops down into his hands. He kind of cradles it like a punt. (clearest on final replay of this clip)

I can say it now, but can you imagine if that poor technique had led to him dropping the winning TD in Denver. Just saying.

Blog Entries

He's a basket catcher. Always has been. Schaub just couldn't put the ball like that.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore