Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: I need some help for my football hating wife

Quote Originally Posted by clangjr View Post
    I went to the stadium for the celebration. It was essentially my lunch break. I worked on the way to the stadium, I worked on the way out of the stadium. My wife is pissed, so she childishly posts the following on facebook. I need an AWESOME retort for FB as we are not speaking right now.

Wife: So apparently I am married to one of the 100,000 dumb a$$' in Baltimore. Super proud moment!
    Friend 1: Was it for yesterday?
    Wife: Yes! I. AM. LIVID!!!
    Friend 1: I thought he gave up trying to get downtown? did he manage to get to baltimore?
    Friend 2: Why are you mad?
    Wife: Because he is a total embarrassment to society. Sat there listening to me talk about the trash that went downtown to skirt responsibility and teach their kids that stupid SH!T is more important than real life!
    Friend 3: <---trash ! It was an amazing family moment for us though and that is priceless! Addy's teacher told me to do it when I discussed it with her. She took her kids to the 1983 O's world series championship parade and her grown kids still remember that day with her. Guess I can say, the teacher talked me into it!
    Friend 1: <---trash, too! (Who was even saving a seat for your dear husband . With Ron arriving that morning from NO, we too decided it would be a special moment to have together as a family, one that doesn't come around often. Personally, I didn't think it was nearly as bad as a school year trip to Disney, in which the kids missed multiple days of school to go to a place that is open 365 days a year. That was a lot of responsibility skirted, just to see a big mouse But, we rolled with it, and cherished the time together. Life is short, and sometimes it's the unique experiences that have the greatest impact as you grow older. I don't regret it.
    Wife: Justify it as you wish but how would you have felt if Adelyn was having a serious asthma attack, gasping for breath and you called 911 and it took an hour for an ambulance because half if the drivers were at the stadium? My husband is an ass!
    Isn't posting on Facebook "stupid shit"?

I've been married for 32 years and all I can think of asking you is " you two do love each other , right ? " - Gonz

Major red flags going off here. You guys need to have a serious discussion.

FWIW, I would NEVER EVER EVER speak badly of my husband in public and I know he would never do that to me either. That's not cool under any circumstance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    Major red flags going off here. You guys need to have a serious discussion.

FWIW, I would NEVER EVER EVER speak badly of my husband in public and I know he would never do that to me either. That's not cool under any circumstance.
    lol..this is what i've been saying, Ravens27Girl. This has more to do with other things than the Ravens Parade.

Quote Originally Posted by clangjr View Post
    I went to the stadium for the celebration. It was essentially my lunch break. I worked on the way to the stadium, I worked on the way out of the stadium. My wife is pissed, so she childishly posts the following on facebook. I need an AWESOME retort for FB as we are not speaking right now.

Wife: So apparently I am married to one of the 100,000 dumb a$$' in Baltimore. Super proud moment!
    Friend 1: Was it for yesterday?
    Wife: Yes! I. AM. LIVID!!!
    Friend 1: I thought he gave up trying to get downtown? did he manage to get to baltimore?
    Friend 2: Why are you mad?
    Wife: Because he is a total embarrassment to society. Sat there listening to me talk about the trash that went downtown to skirt responsibility and teach their kids that stupid SH!T is more important than real life!
    Friend 3: <---trash ! It was an amazing family moment for us though and that is priceless! Addy's teacher told me to do it when I discussed it with her. She took her kids to the 1983 O's world series championship parade and her grown kids still remember that day with her. Guess I can say, the teacher talked me into it!
    Friend 1: <---trash, too! (Who was even saving a seat for your dear husband . With Ron arriving that morning from NO, we too decided it would be a special moment to have together as a family, one that doesn't come around often. Personally, I didn't think it was nearly as bad as a school year trip to Disney, in which the kids missed multiple days of school to go to a place that is open 365 days a year. That was a lot of responsibility skirted, just to see a big mouse But, we rolled with it, and cherished the time together. Life is short, and sometimes it's the unique experiences that have the greatest impact as you grow older. I don't regret it.
    Wife: Justify it as you wish but how would you have felt if Adelyn was having a serious asthma attack, gasping for breath and you called 911 and it took an hour for an ambulance because half if the drivers were at the stadium? My husband is an ass!
    Grounds for divorce
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

How the hell can you be married to someone who doesn't like football?

My wife: has a first cousin who played for the Bengals in their second Super Bowl, two other cousins who played DI football, four uncles who are coaches and a husband who played college ball.

The first time I said I loved her was during a Ravens game. I screamed at the TV, "Why don't you run a screen pass?!" She calmly looks at me and says, "Because your offensive linemen aren't athletic enough to get out in front of the running-back."
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

My wife doesn't like football. But she also appreciates that people are passionate about it and respects that.

We're assuming here, but it sounds like the wife no only doesn't follow football, but also doesn't understand why ANYONE would care about it.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Dump her! :hammer:

Going to Ravens games should be a major aspect of your marriage. Instead, she sounds like a spoiled brat & prima donna out of the "me-first" generation.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    How about this:

"I'm sorry, honey. A seven nation army couldn't hold me back."
    Put her facebook page up here.........let the Russell Street "Seven Nation Army" talk to her!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rlh445 View Post
    lol..this is what i've been saying, Ravens27Girl. This has more to do with other things than the Ravens Parade.
    :word

Things need to be discussed and face to face, not on facebook

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    How the hell can you be married to someone who doesn't like football?

My wife: has a first cousin who played for the Bengals in their second Super Bowl, two other cousins who played DI football, four uncles who are coaches and a husband who played college ball.

The first time I said I loved her was during a Ravens game. I screamed at the TV, "Why don't you run a screen pass?!" She calmly looks at me and says, "Because your offensive linemen aren't athletic enough to get out in front of the running-back."
    That had me misty eyes you lucky bastard :)

Far as what to say. If you must say anything at all in response to such a childish public temper tantrum I would say:
    "Sure your right. Nothing screams maturity like airing out family issues on facebook" or if your feeling brave
    "I guess my wife is one of the MILLIONS of dumbasses who insist on sharing their families private issues with the world" or
    Post a picture of Mel Gibson at the end of Braveheart and just put the caption FREEDOM!!!! or
    Post a picture from the Wizzard of Oz of the Wicked Witch of the West crushed by the house. If you got time on your hand touch up the pic in photoshop wiht a Ravens flair lol and leave it at that
    Last edited by Ravenous1; 02-07-2013 at 08:51 AM.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Never, ever kiss anyone's ass, especially if its in the process of shitting on you.

Divorce.