Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: I need some help for my football hating wife

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    agreed, I feel bad for thsi dude. Rough life ahead with this beotch. I can understand a woman not liking football... but public disrespect like this? She's probably fucking the neighbor.
    That made me LOL.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    agreed, I feel bad for thsi dude. Rough life ahead with this beotch. I can understand a woman not liking football... but public disrespect like this? She's probably fucking the neighbor.
    wouldnt she be happy if shes porking the neighbor?

By that FB post, I'd say the wife is in her early 20's. That seems to be the maturity level of the posting. No wife should ever publicly berate their husband. It shows no respect for him as a person, let alone a spouse. I agree that there are most likely deeper issues that need to be dealt with. But, if all her interactions are like this, then I'm seeing divorce on the horizon. Love and respect go hand in hand.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    By that FB post, I'd say the wife is in her early 20's. That seems to be the maturity level of the posting. No wife should ever publicly berate their husband. It shows no respect for him as a person, let alone a spouse. I agree that there are most likely deeper issues that need to be dealt with. But, if all her interactions are like this, then I'm seeing divorce on the horizon. Love and respect go hand in hand.
    I agree. Early 20's it wasn't football but all the other shit that took my attention away from the Mrs. that we'd fight about.

My guess is it's what it almost ALWAYS boils down to. Attention.

Heard a great line on Sons of Anarchy. "Oh honey, I don't need you to love me. Men need to be loved, women need to be wanted". 100 to 1 says she hates football cause she thinks he wants to watch it more than he wants to spend time with her.

Doctor Phil signing off.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    Age doesn't really matter. I've seen women in their 30's and 40's act like teenagers and vice versa. It really just comes down to the individual IMO. But, I agree that she has some issues. I would be getting divorce papers ready.

Blog Entries
    Not liking football? No big deal.

Trashing your husband on Facebook? That's fucked up.

In all honesty, if I were this guy I would very plainly tell her that she needs to straighten up or find a lawyer.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

If I were you I'd google "Divorce Lawyer".

does she have a hot sister?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    What's the name of your wife's cousin? I was a Bengals fan during those years and remember that team very well. He wasn't known for his shuffling was he?
    People in our families don't "shuffle". We block.

Her cousin is Mike Wilson, the right tackle.

EDIT: Changed "was" to "is" because he's still her cousin.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by clangjr View Post
    I am thinking of posting:
    Passion. Pride. Perseverance. Teamwork. Self awareness. Goal setting. Achievement. Positive attitude. Overcoming adversity. Celebrating accomplishment. Accountability. Hard work. Planning. Preparation. Respect. Consequence of action (or inaction).

These are all horrible things to teach our children, right?
    That's the high road for sure. Maybe you've already done more than a Facebook post could ever accomplish? Unless you are trying to save face w/ her other FB friends (some of whom you identify as "trash"), you might consider sending her a link to this thread.

We are only hearing one side of the story here. Facts can get distorted when we're angry.

I would suggest both of you get some counseling. Your problems might be something you can overcome if you are willing to work at it.

Blog Entries

Why would you marry someone that isn't a ravens fan? My wife wore a purple wedding dress.

Put a little stryctnine in her guacamole.

Seriously, though, that was way over the line.

My wife beats me up all the friggin' time about my love for sports and says that they aren't important. I retort to her how it's funny that my love for sports only became an issue with her after she said "I do".

However, she never gets upset over me watching the Ravens.

She will get upset if I pout and turn into a nasty man for the hour or two after a loss.

She will get upset if I don't change my youngest's diaper for the entire 3 hours of the game (did that once, now I learn to change them at halftime, unless it's really bad. I also keep diapers next to the TV).

She will get upset if I try to "pawn" (her words, not mine) our kids off on the in-laws so I can attend a game. Of course, if I offer to take her, she relents a bit.

She got upset when I mentioned wanting to go to the Super Bowl, saying we couldn't afford it, even though we could. The funny part is she hasn't a clue about our finances. I pay all the bills and handle our budget and investments. She wouldn't know if we had $500 to our name or $500,000. Nonetheless, she brought up a valid point that it wasn't fair for me to disappear for 4-5 days to attend a super bowl and leave her home alone with the kids.

She got upset that I wanted to take our 1 and 3 year olds to the victory parade (she was working, so I had to do it alone). She contested that it was no place for such young kids and that she was a little concerned about safety since the crowds would be so large. Again, I think she had a defensible argument, and I stayed at home and watched it on the TV.

However, as much as she hates my love of sports, I'll give her credit that she keeps her displeasure between us. She wouldn't put a response on Facebook. She might blast me about it in private the following day though.

It bothers me a bit that I can't get her to absorb my passion, but I do give her credit that she understands that it's a part of who I am, and navigates through this "flaw" with discussion, rather than Facebook bashing. That was wayyyy over the line. In my humble of opinion, going to Facebook to broadcast what she said shows how little respect she has for her husband. Totally classless.