Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. I need some help for my football hating wife

I went to the stadium for the celebration. It was essentially my lunch break. I worked on the way to the stadium, I worked on the way out of the stadium. My wife is pissed, so she childishly posts the following on facebook. I need an AWESOME retort for FB as we are not speaking right now.

Wife: So apparently I am married to one of the 100,000 dumb a$$' in Baltimore. Super proud moment!
    Friend 1: Was it for yesterday?
    Wife: Yes! I. AM. LIVID!!!
    Friend 1: I thought he gave up trying to get downtown? did he manage to get to baltimore?
    Friend 2: Why are you mad?
    Wife: Because he is a total embarrassment to society. Sat there listening to me talk about the trash that went downtown to skirt responsibility and teach their kids that stupid SH!T is more important than real life!
    Friend 3: <---trash ! It was an amazing family moment for us though and that is priceless! Addy's teacher told me to do it when I discussed it with her. She took her kids to the 1983 O's world series championship parade and her grown kids still remember that day with her. Guess I can say, the teacher talked me into it!
    Friend 1: <---trash, too! (Who was even saving a seat for your dear husband . With Ron arriving that morning from NO, we too decided it would be a special moment to have together as a family, one that doesn't come around often. Personally, I didn't think it was nearly as bad as a school year trip to Disney, in which the kids missed multiple days of school to go to a place that is open 365 days a year. That was a lot of responsibility skirted, just to see a big mouse But, we rolled with it, and cherished the time together. Life is short, and sometimes it's the unique experiences that have the greatest impact as you grow older. I don't regret it.
    Wife: Justify it as you wish but how would you have felt if Adelyn was having a serious asthma attack, gasping for breath and you called 911 and it took an hour for an ambulance because half if the drivers were at the stadium? My husband is an ass!

2. Re: I need some help for my football hating wife

I am thinking of posting:
    Passion. Pride. Perseverance. Teamwork. Self awareness. Goal setting. Achievement. Positive attitude. Overcoming adversity. Celebrating accomplishment. Accountability. Hard work. Planning. Preparation. Respect. Consequence of action (or inaction).

These are all horrible things to teach our children, right?

Blog Entries

Re: I need some help for my football hating wife

She's too far gone.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

4. Re: I need some help for my football hating wife

Or not far enough.....

She trashes you on effing Facebook, and calls YOU an ass?

The last thing I'd do is respond on Facebook. I'd write that stuff on the inside of her Valentine's Day card.

Wow, sorry about your luck in the marriage pool. Assuming that trading for a less noisy model would be too expensive I suppose the next best thing is a witty retort. How about

Honey, I sat for an hour listening to your views on the celebration and how it could be detrimental to our neighborhood, friends and family. After some deep soul searching and internal struggle i decided that many of your points were valid. However, weighing them against the benefits left me with a final conclusion that was pretty clear, I am married to a self serving b#@h.

lol this sounds like it's about a lot more than you going to the stadium on your lunch break man. talk to your wife and get to the root of the problem. best of luck.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    She trashes you on effing Facebook, and calls YOU an ass?

The last thing I'd do is respond on Facebook. I'd write that stuff on the inside of her Valentine's Day card.
    Yeah, seriously, calling someone an ass over facebook. That's not very........professional.....mature? One of those type of words.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rlh445 View Post
    lol this sounds like it's about a lot more than you going to the stadium on your lunch break man. talk to your wife and get to the root of the problem. best of luck.
    What is that old saying about three truths? lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Yeah, seriously, calling someone an ass over facebook. That's not very........professional.....mature? One of those type of words.
    A "total embarrassment to society" maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    She's too far gone.
    Agreed. Frontal labotomy is the only option.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

"No weapon formed against this team (or its fans) shall prosper."
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.