Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Sorry to do this guys, but a Depressing Picture

It would be a lot more depressing if he hadn't gone out as a SUPER BOWL CHAMP!

Absolutely 52 gets retired. He's been the heart, soul, and face of the franchise since it's been here. If Baltimore had a Mount Rushmore for sports, he would be on it. Giving someone #52 would be like dem O's giving someone #8.

Ok seeing that picture brought tears! Wow with all the celebrating I never sat and thought man Ray is done.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Ray had a good run. It's not like the empty locker of a player who died. I remember a few of those including the Kansas City's Jovan Belcher this year.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Not so sure about that...when we have 90 players in camps now, that's only about 9 numbers that don't get used. I think no doubt, 52 remains unused for a long time. McCrary's number went from 2003-2009 before being re-used.

But I believe nowadays, jerseys aren't really retired as much.
    Seriously? If they don't retire that one I will be absolutely shocked.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthorn View Post
    It would be a lot more depressing if he hadn't gone out as a SUPER BOWL CHAMP!
    Couldn't have written a better script, especially considering the playoff wins. When does the movie come out?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Couldn't have written a better script, especially considering the playoff wins. When does the movie come out?
    Bookending your 17 year career with Super Bowl wins is quite a feat. Has anyone else ever done it?
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Can't wait to see him in bronze next to Unitas!

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Bookending your 17 year career with Super Bowl wins is quite a feat. Has anyone else ever done it?
    Technically, one one end is "booked". His first year was 1996. Ravens didn't win their first SB till 2001.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Ray has the record for longest gap between SB wins, with 12 years.

The previous record was 11 years for Matt Bahr, but he played for 3 or 4 more years after the 2nd SB.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Seriously? If they don't retire that one I will be absolutely shocked.
    Ok, apparently retiring the number happens more than I thought...Colts retired 18, Eagles retired 20 (Dawkins) recently...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

It will be a weird moment on 9/5 when the Ravens walk out of the tunnel without Lewis and likely without Reed. This organization is in great hands with Harbaugh, Haloti, Ngata, Webb, Pollard, Flacco, Rice, Torrey, Pitta, Yanda, and (hopefully) Boldin.

Lewis will be the gold standard of team leadership for as long as the NFL has games. Let's not forget that as a player though, he was losing it rapidly. He was probably our worst starter on the field for us on Sunday. Not trying to kill the moment by saying it, but he was a liability for sure. I think when we see our next Lewis (hopefully Teo or Minter) lining up in Ray's old spot (hopefully next to Ellerbe) in 7 months, we will find a new source of energy for our Ravens. The first time we see Ray's replacement run sideline-to-sideline to make a tackle, reminiscent of the player Ray was years ago, we can finally feel better about not having him here anymore.

That's the beauty of our franchise. The peaks are high and the valleys rarely low. I'll have tears in my eyes when someone other than Ray runs out of the tunnel on Sundays, but whoever that is will give us new great memories.