Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

How the hell does a JUGS machine cost 40 grand?!
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Re: State of the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    I'm wondering the same thing- It's 2 spinning tires and a motor... but I do recall the story abuot him buying a jugs machine before this season...

Blog Entries

Will there be a video available for those who missed it?
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

I know. Better be a DD JUGS machine...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    And then you have Lee Evans...it's a great strategy when it works.
    True, but we'll never know what Evans may have done for us if he'd been healthy all season. Certainly his track record (as a receiver) coming here was significantly better than Jones'.

Besides, no one ever said Ozzie was perfect - merely the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joe View Post
    No other players capped besides Flacco? Doubt that.
    No restructures? Yeah right.
    He said they wouldn't use the franchise tag on anyone else but Joe (if necessary).

As far as restructures go, Ozzie is always very careful with his word, and what he actually says isn't always what he really means. He didn't say they wouldn't do any restructures - he said they "wouldn't not repeat what we did 2001". That's a big difference because in 2001, they basically restructured EVERY meaningful contract in an effort to maintain the roster, re-sign Sharper and bring in Grbac and Searcy. So, he's saying they aren't going to load up to repeat like 2001, knowing that it was going to cause the need for a sizeable Cap purge, but he's not saying that they might not do a restructure or two.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    He said they wouldn't use the franchise tag on anyone else but Joe (if necessary).

As far as restructures go, Ozzie is always very careful with his word, and what he actually says isn't always what he really means. He didn't say they wouldn't do any restructures - he said they "wouldn't not repeat what we did 2001". That's a big difference because in 2001, they basically restructured EVERY meaningful contract in an effort to maintain the roster, re-sign Sharper and bring in Grbac and Searcy. So, he's saying they aren't going to load up to repeat like 2001, knowing that it was going to cause the need for a sizeable Cap purge, but he's not saying that they might not do a restructure or two.
    Agreed...Boldin and Jones for example would be extensions and not the typical restructures as both are only signed for one more season I believe...and I fully expect the team to explore giving each guy a 2 or 3 year extension that would lower the cap number while also giving them another couple years here.

The only guys that I think would be up for the restructure that everybody reads and talks about are Ngata, Suggs, and Yanda.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

It doesn't. They go for 2500 or so. Methinks the number was incorrect.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joe View Post
    The strategy of signing the Jacoby Joneses and Corey Grahams of thw world is an excellent one. instead of spending big buck on some player trying to cash in on what he used to do and then just laying in the dough and not committed to winning.
    Steve B said he if he had $7M worth of cap space he would rather invest it in 3 quality veterans rather one dynamic player.

Blog Entries

So, when will the video be available for those who missed it?
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Dick Cass said most likely, future celebration will be free, ticketed events. Regretted that it ended up being craziness at the end. Said they definitely did not do a good job estimating the amount of people that would come out.

I'd like to see, but doubt it'd happen, Camden Yards open up as a "spillover" spot for people to watch the stadium ceremony. You wouldn't see them on the field, but it'd be a great spot with a video screen already setup....

Matbe the next SB year(2013-14?) it will be an ACTUAL screen? not the rinky dink cardboard box it is now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    So, when will the video be available for those who missed it?
    Excel
    I'm pretty sure it will be available later today on baltimoreravens.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Excel
    I'm pretty sure it will be available later today on baltimoreravens.com
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Thank you.
    It's up now.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/video...5-72a4aa0c8695

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Ozzie believes they have to get better in the middle of the defense mentioning DT specifically and MLB (of course)

Mentioned that young guys haven't stepped up (Cody?)
    I know one thing, he wasn't referring to Arthur Jones!!