Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: State of the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Sounds like they are going to go with a mix of a youth movement and maybe trying to keep some of the vets/sign new ones. Not sure what this might mean for guys like Q and Jones.
    It means Q and Jones will be mentoring our young guys. Q nor Jacoby are going anywhere. Also, we gotta understand that these guys are not going to be truthful about their plans. It's pretty much a B.S. session. That's what I love about it.

No other players capped besides Flacco? Doubt that.
    No restructures? Yeah right.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Basically, we're not pushing all our chips in to make a desperate push to win again next year. We're going to consistently look ahead at the long term picture.

I love it. I'd rather be in the mix every year, with shots every 5-6 years, then go another 12-13 years and struggle to rebuild this team over and over. Many young guys just hitting their primes...
    At least we are set at QB this time. As long as we have Flacco, we will always a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
    Ozzie newsome on biggest needs mentioned the middle of the defense needs to be concentrated on

Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens
    Ozzie Newsome says middle of the defense is the top need this offseason. Defensive tackle, linebacker, safety.
    Completely agree.

I'd imagine unless some really good players fall at other positions, those spots will be our primary concentrations in the draft.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Jacoby Jones wants to retire a Raven, so I'm sure he will have to restructure if that's going to happen. I'm sure they can work something out.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Steve B put it best, we want our chances to win in 2015 to be just as good as winning in 2013
    The strategy of signing the Jacoby Joneses and Corey Grahams of thw world is an excellent one. instead of spending big buck on some player trying to cash in on what he used to do and then just laying in the dough and not committed to winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Completely agree.

I'd imagine unless some really good players fall at other positions, those spots will be our primary concentrations in the draft.
    Wonder if this means they are re-signing Ryan McBean?

Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joe View Post
    The strategy of signing the Jacoby Joneses and Corey Grahams of the world is an excellent one. instead of spending big buck on some player trying to cash in on what he used to do and then just laying in the dough and not committed to winning.
    And then you have Lee Evans...it's a great strategy when it works.

Would not restructuring be the same as extending people. I think if he is game extending Suggs for two more years and back loading the contract makes sense as he only has two years left and a high cap number.

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Jacoby Jones wants to retire a Raven, so I'm sure he will have to restructure if that's going to happen. I'm sure they can work something out.
    Not surprising. He got kicked to the curb after having a bad day. Granted, a REALLY bad day to have a bad day, but after that the Ravens gave him a chance, and without lowballing him terribly. And, given that chance, even with his ups and downs, they keep sending him out all the way to the Superbowl and he has a big day and can say he played his part in bringing it home. Of course he feels like he landed at the right place. Give the guy credit too, he took his payday and the first thing he invested in was a $40,000 JUGS machine to practice catching. His priorities are definitely in the right place.

How the hell does a JUGS machine cost 40 grand?!
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    How the hell does a JUGS machine cost 40 grand?!
    I'm wondering the same thing- It's 2 spinning tires and a motor... but I do recall the story abuot him buying a jugs machine before this season...

Blog Entries

Will there be a video available for those who missed it?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore