Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Blog Entries

Re: State of the Ravens

I have heard of players say 'i want to retire a raven'.

Do players in other teams say this? I couldnt imagine hearing 'i want to retire a brown or a raider' for example but do we know of other half decent teams have players saying this.

Has cincycat ever heard this for example?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    How the hell does a JUGS machine cost 40 grand?!
    The DoD considerers that a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    I know. Better be a DD JUGS machine...
    I see what you did there...

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Steve B said he if he had $7M worth of cap space he would rather invest it in 3 quality veterans rather one dynamic player.
    I think this is a credit to the coaching staff to where Steve can say, hey look, we've taken other teams "junk" and have consistently made them better. Even if 2 of the 3 pan out, it's a win.

Look at how many people have gotten better after they've come here. All 3 former Texans, Corey Graham, etc...

The secret to the Ravens success has been TEAM.

Getting all the parts to work together for the common good. The 9'ers probably had more talent, position by position, but they didn't play as a team - they played as 11 individuals on a side.

Football is the ultimate team game where it takes all 11 to succeed and the failure of only one can defeat the entire team.

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    I think this is a credit to the coaching staff to where Steve can say, hey look, we've taken other teams "junk" and have consistently made them better. Even if 2 of the 3 pan out, it's a win.

Look at how many people have gotten better after they've come here. All 3 former Texans, Corey Graham, etc...
    Absolutely. Think about how Steve B made his millions. By investing in people (aerotek). It's the same culture and system they have inside the castle. It's pretty profound if you really think about it.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

saintmatt--
    Don't know if they actually come in a larger size, but wouldn't Jones' be a JJ JUGS machine? I think there may not be that many in the entire world! ;)